[Capdist-announce] Fwd: How to be a working Actor one day workshop! Coming to Cucumber Alley

Mi-Fi enzineph at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 18:42:52 EDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: MichalinaAlmindo at aol.com <MichalinaAlmindo at aol.com>
Date: Oct 9, 2007 7:24 PM
Subject: [upstateind] How to be a working Actor one day workshop! Coming to
Cucumber Alley
To: IndependentArtistscollaborative at yahoogroups.com,
upstateind at yahoogroups.com

     *HOW TO BE A WORKING ACTOR *
**
*Working Director/ Producer/Actress Michalina Almindo is coming to Cucumber
Alley for a one day workshop!*
**
Michalina was featured in a Back Stage article titled " Compensation without
Representation" it was on how to get work without an agent or manager. This
special one day workshop will cover: Where to find work! The Do's and
Don't's, Making a Great First Impression, Correspondence/Following Up, Cover
Letters, Sign or Freelance, Selecting the Right Headshots, Resumes,
Reading/Interviewing for an Agent, Knowing Your Type, Is a Manager Also
Needed, Union Affiliation Importance and more! Don't miss this opportunity
to work with Michalina she is helpful, informative, and most important has
been instrumental in helping people become working actors.

To find out more about Michalina - Michalina
Almindo<http://imdb.com/name/nm1701581/>(IMDB)

Class size is limited. Please RSVP  ASAP this seminar will sell out quickly!

*How To Be A Working Actor*

Sunday October 21st
1:00 - 5:00 (with a break in the middle)
Cucumber Alley 901 Wendell Ave.
Schenectady, NY
Cost: $75.00

Respond to: MichalinaAlmindo at aol.com

*Directions:*

 From the Thruway, take exit 25 for Schenectady.  Then off 890 take exit 6.
Take a RIGHT onto Michigan Ave, which BECOMES Brandywine and follow to
EASTERN AVE (corner= Rite Aid and a CVS) - - take a LEFT here.  Firehouse is
1 mile down on Right. There is a telephone pole at the corner (on your left)
with a red light on it.  The firehouse is directly across the street, big
and bricks

>From Rt. 7, come down to Union St. where it splits with 7.  Follow Union St.
down through commercial and physician's districts, into neighborhoods.  Left
at Wendell Ave, we're all the way at the end corner.  If you reach a big red
stone church on your left, you've gone too far, turn around!

>From the Northway, take the Clifton Park exit to 146. Follow 146 (signs
where it will turn or diverge) crossing through Alplaus and over the
bridge.  Head straight through lights.  You will eventually pass Niskayuna
High School on your left, continue until you reach Union Street on your
right and follow above directions from Union St.

Parking on all neighborhood streets is alternate.  Most walking you'll
probably have to do is a block.

Map link:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popfla
g=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=+901+Wendell+Ave&city=Schenectady+&state=NY&zipcode=12308