[Capdist-announce] Memorial for Colin McCarty, local community theater actor and advocate

LWAndruski at aol.com LWAndruski at aol.com
Mon Apr 14 21:35:23 EDT 2008

There will be a memorial celebration of the life of Colin McCarty  on April
19, 2008.  Details are as follows:

Time: 3:00 PM
Place:  Schenectady  Civic Playhouse
12  South Church Street
            Schenectady  NY

Come join us in celebration and rememberance of our friend and loved  one.
Please contact Tom Heckert at _tomh823 at aol.com_ (mailto:tomh823 at aol.com)  for
more information.

For those of you who missed Colin's obituary, here is a reprint from  the
Schenectady Civic newsletter.

On Wednesday, February  6, 2008, The Playhouse lost a valuable member and a
cherished friend, Colin  McCarty.
Colin first appeared  at The Playhouse in 1991's The  Cocktail Hour and
since that time had been a familiar face at our theater. Additional Playhouse
performances included Marvin's  Room, The Sunshine Boys, The Nerd, On the Verge,
Sylvia, London Suite,  Betrayal  and The  Cradle Will Rock.
Colin's talent  extended well past the footlights of the theater - he served
on The Playhouse  board as well as serving as President for two seasons. He
also appeared on stage  at SLOC, Albany Civic and other area theaters in
numerous  productions.
But that only  tells a small portion of what needs to be told, celebrated and
 remembered.
Colin was a gift  to each of us who knew him, worked with him and watched him
perform. It is as  simple and perfect as that. The grace, kindness and humor
that Colin shared with  us, were a constant welcome breath of spring. With a
knowing smile, a quick  double take and an out-of-the-air pun, Colin had the
rare gift of making ANY  situation a joyful experience. It's a rare thing in
life to meet someone who was  as rich as Colin - rich in talent and spirit.
We are all diminished  by his untimely passing.
Our heartfelt  condolences go out to Colin's loving partner of 20 years, Tom
Heckert, and his  close and cherished Playhouse friends, notably Laura
Houlihan, Pat Hoffman, and  Joel and Sue Katz.
The loss to all of us  at The Playhouse is enormous.
A memorial celebration  is being planned for April 19, 2008. Details will be
announced at a later  date.

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)