[Capdist-announce] Steamer No. 10 Events

Steamer No.10 Theatre art4kids at nycap.rr.com
Thu Dec 11 13:08:41 EST 2008

Seasons Greetings from the Steamer No. 10 Theatre!
<http://161.58.126.210/default.htm>

Got Santa? We do. a whole bunch of them!

Our newest Kids' Fare <http://161.58.126.210/Pages/Kids%20Fare.htm>
production,
<http://161.58.126.210/Pages/Kids%20Fare%20Pages/Sinterklaas.htm> Waiting
for Sinterklaas: The Search for Santa, is up and running and it features a
quite a selection of Santas for the discerning holiday viewer.  Come take a
look at the origin and evolution of everyone's favorite "jolly old elf", all
through the eyes a child and his grandmother.

Pictured, standing left to right, are Matthew MacArevey (Dutch St.
Nicholas), Robert Rice (Washington Irving's St. Nicholas), Rebecca Boswell
(Clement Clark Moore's St. Nick), and Artistic Director Ric Chesser in a
rare in-costume moment. Agnes Kapusta Skiff, seated, dons grey hair to play
Grandma. Steamer No. 10 veteran Eric Rose (not pictured) directs.

Sinterklaas continues December 13, 14 at 3 pm and December 14 at 11 am at
Steamer No. 10 Theatre, with Special Performances on December 20 at 3 pm &
December 21 at 11 am at The Arts Center in Saratoga
<http://www.saratoga-arts.org/>  Springs. Come join us for a heartwarming
tale of traditions that find their own way to be celebrated - particularly
when the tradition teaches children about good behavior and its reward.

If you haven't done so yet, this is also the time to purchase your tickets
for our
<http://161.58.126.210/Pages/Vacation%20Daze%20Pages/December%20Vacation%20D
aze.htm> December Vacation Daze Series, running Saturday, December 27th
through Tuesday, December 30th, because several shows are already close to
selling out. Scheduled performers include Magician Dave McDonald, Andy "The
Music Man" Morse, The Puppet People, and Henry the Juggler!

We would also like to remind you that those Vacation Daze tickets, as well
as Gift Certificates or our Steamer 10 Pass, make great stocking stuffers
and there is still enough time for them to arrive in the mail. Even the kid
who has everything can use a fun-filled theater experience! For more
information about ticket prices, gift certificates, or our Steamer 10 Pass,
go to our Ticket Information
<http://161.58.126.210/Pages/Ticket%20Information.htm>  Page, or give us a
call at (518) 438-5503.

See you soon,