[Capdist-announce] Confetti Stage SPF4! - BE PART OF SOMETHING EXCITING!!

casting at confettistage.com casting at confettistage.com
Tue May 6 18:04:00 EDT 2008

4th ANNUAL SHORT PLAY FESTIVAL
CALL FOR DIRECTORS, DESIGNERS, & STAGE MANAGERS

Confetti Stage is seeking plays by local Capital Region talent for
consideration to help
produce our Short Play Festival in September 2008.  Have you ever
directed or thought
about directing a play? Do you consider yourself creative, organized,
or just theatrical?
  If you answered yes to either question ? then contact Confetti Stage
with a brief letter
of interest in helping produce our annual Short Play Festival!  Be
enthusiastic and tell
us why you are interested in directing, designing, or stage managing!!
  HAVE FUN!!

ALL LETTERS MUST BE RECEIVED VIA E-MAIL NO LATER THAN JUNE 20.

Requirements
A desire to direct, design, or stage manager
Students & those looking to expand their theatrical experience
encouraged to apply
An open-minded approach to a collaborative & educational rehearsal and
creation process

What you can expect
A supportive administrative and artistic group as part of your team
A Directors? Workshop to help answer your artistic questions
Feedback & Guidance during the rehearsal and creation process from a
mentoring Director
Scheduled rehearsal time and space
A wonderful performance venue in a fabulous historic building in
Albany?s Downtown
District
All plays are new works written by Albany Area Playwrights
Critique of your art by experienced theater professionals
Knowledge that you are taking part in the only truly LOCAL Short Play
Festival in the
Capital City
Up to two of the short plays will have an opportunity to be sponsored
by Confetti Stage
at other regional, state, or national Play Festivals.

Follow up calls will begin on June 22.  Artistic staff will be chosen
by June 27.

Plays are currently being read for consideration.  Six to Eight plays
total will be
chosen for this year's festival.

Letters of interest or requests for more information should be sent to:
SPF4 at confettistage.com

Confetti Stage was founded to explore the human experience, while
illuminating the myriad
diversities which define us as groups and individuals.  Confetti Stage
promotes diversity
and understanding through the creation of dynamic and inspirational
productions and
educational opportunities.  We strive to maintain the highest possible
level of artistic
standards while fostering collaboration and mutual respect.