[Capdist-announce] Give a Dinner, See a Show’ promotion to benefit the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York

lwandruski at aol.com lwandruski at aol.com
Tue Dec 1 10:00:28 EST 2009

Contact: MaryAnn Bagnoli,
Marketing Director
(518) 462-4531 ext 219
(518) 491-1199 (cell)
marketing at capitalrep.org

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Capital Rep and AlbanyBroadcasting announce the ‘Dinner and a Show – Give a Dinner, See a Show’ promotionto benefit the Regional Food Bank of  Northeastern New York

‘Tis the season of Giving and Receiving - Theatergoers who donatecanned goods will save on tickets to My Fair Lady in the month of December.

Albany, NY (December 1, 2009) – Capital Repertory Theatre andAlbany Broadcasting announce their partnership with the ‘Dinner and a Show –Give a Dinner, See a Show’ promotion, a food drive to benefit the Regional FoodBank of Northeastern New York. The promotion will launch today, Tuesday,December 1, and last through the run of MyFair Lady, which plays Capital Rep until December 20. With every food itemor cash donation brought to Capital Rep, located at 111 North Pearl St in Albany, the donor will receive five ($5)dollars off a ticket to a My Fair Ladyperformance between December 1st and 20th.

When asked about the food drive promotion, Michele Desrosiers, ManagingDirector of Capital Rep said “It’s the season for giving and receiving, we aregiving the community a chance to give to those in need by donating to the foodbank while receiving in exchange a discount on tickets to see professionaltheatre. We are helping the community while growing the interest in the arts.”

Spots will start airing across Albany Broadcasting stations thefirst week of December. “We are happy to be partnering with Capital Rep on the ‘Dinnerand a Show – Give a Dinner, See a Show’ promotion to benefit the Regional FoodBank of Northeastern New York. Times are toughon all of us, but even so we all need to come together as a community insupport of each other and that’s why we are doing this promotion – to supportthe theatre and the community,” says Chuck Benfer, General Manager of AlbanyBroadcasting Company.

The discount can only be received in person at the Capital Repbox office, located at 111 North  Pearl Street in Albany. A list of preferred items can befound on Capital Rep’s website by visiting www.capitalrep.orgor the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York’swebsite, www.rfbneny.com.

# # #

About Capital Repertory Theatre
Capital Repertory Theatre isa not-for-profit professional theater with a mission to create meaningfultheater generated from an authentic link to the community it serves.  Now in its 29th season, Capital Rep producesa balanced season of dramas, comedies, musicals, contemporary and classic playsto appeal to all tastes.  Possessing ahistory of more than 22 world premieres and dozens of regional premieres, CapitalRep’s productions feature the finest actors, directors and designers from New York City, otherAmerican regional theaters and the world. These world-class professionals are supported by a dedicated staff oftheater professionals and artists who live and work in the Capital Region, andwhose talents serve the theater’s 78,000 patrons.  In addition to the professional theatre ofthe highest caliber, Capital Rep produces education and outreach programs thatserve more than 20,000 students and adult learners each year.  The only affiliate of the League of ResidentTheatres (LORT) within the fourteen counties of the Capital Region, Capital Rephas produced more than 4,750 performances, employed more than 1,200 artists andhas contributed more than $30 million to the local economy since its inceptionin 1981.

About Albany Broadcasting Company
Albany Broadcasting Companyis locally owned and operated. Established in 1986, by James Morrell, with the mission to provide thehighest quality radio entertainment, news and information to the CapitalDistrict Region. Albany Broadcasting is steadfast in its commitment to thelocal community and helps raise several million dollars a year for localcharities such as Make a Wish, Regional Food Bank, Stewarts matching charityfunds, American Red Cross, Ronald McDonald Charities and Capital RepertoryTheatre to name a few. The Morrells truly invest in the community in which theylive, witness the Morrell Science Buildingat Siena College. Their philosophy has always been “We live here.  We work here. We employ here.  We worshiphere.  We educated our children here.  We pay our taxes here.  Our roots are here, not just our branches.” AlbanyBroadcasting regularly reaches more than 613,000 Capital Region listenersweekly, which is more unique people than any other media outlet in our region.Albany Broadcasting Company operates WFLY (Fly 92.3 FM), WYJB (B 95.5 FM), WKLI(Magic 100.9 FM) WAJZ (Jamz 96.3), WZMR (104.9 The Edge) and WROW (590 AM) andis a subsidiary of Pamal Broadcasting which owns and operates stations in GlensFalls, NY, The Hudson Valley, NY, Rutland, VT, Gainesville and Pensacola,FL.

About the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York
TheRegional Food Bank of Northeastern New York is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profitorganization that collects donated food from the food industry and distributesit to nearly 1,000 charitable agencies feeding the hungry in 23 counties ofnortheastern New York.  The food provided by the Regional Food Bankhelps to feed over 40,000 people each week. In 2008, the organizationdistributed more than 19 million pounds of food to the hungry.  The Regional Food Bank is a member of FeedingAmerica (formerly America’sSecond Harvest). The organization is supported by foundations, private contributionsand fundraising events.  For informationon services offered by the Regional Food Bank, call (518) 786-3691 or log on towww.regionalfoodbank.net.