[Capdist-announce] Concert Announcement Feedback Needed

Robert Fishel bobfishel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 10:52:29 EST 2009

Hi all.

We've been having some internal discussion on how to treat concerts
announcements that get sent to our list and I'd like to receive some
feedback from you all on it!

There are 3 different concert announcements that we are starting to see more
regularly.

1. Concerts being put on by theatre groups where profits directly benefit a
theatre.

2. Concerts that are held in theatrical performing spaces.

3. Other "artsy" concerts, generally folk or classical music that appeal to
a small subset of the general population.

Rest assured we will never be promoting the Red Hot Chili Peppers on this
list but we are trying to decide on the appropriate policy for the above 3
types of announcements.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Bob Fishel