[Capdist-announce] Registration Deadline Extended for Pinnochio! (tuition-based program)

Insights Out Coaching insightsoutcoaching at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 00:08:50 EST 2009

Steamer No.10 is continuing its multi-disciplinary theatre arts
school, Creative Arts at Steamer Ten (CAST), with a production of
Pinocchio this spring! Classes are intended for ages 6 and older, and
the ten-week program will take kids through virtually every stage of
being in one of our regular Kids' Fare productions at Steamer No. 10,
right from the audition through a 3-performance weekend. No experience
is required, just the willingness to make this a fun and fantastic
show! Children will be working directly with Steamer No. 10 company
members Rebecca Boswell and Agnes Kapusta Skiff.

The program at a glance:

This ten-week program runs January 13th through March 26th on Tuesdays
and Thursdays, 4-6 pm. Public performances are on Friday, March 27th
at 7 pm, Saturday, March 28th at 7 pm, and Sunday, March 29th at 3 pm.
Rehearsals and performances are all at the theatre. Tuition for the
entire experience is $200 per student, due on MONDAY, January 12, 2009.

Pinocchio is a classic tale with all the twists and thrills of a true
adventure.  Pinocchio is a wooden puppet that lives with a toy maker
named Geppetto.  Although Pinocchio leads a happy life, he wonders
about the world beyond his front door and what it would be like to be
a real boy.

  Join the cast’s many colorful characters as Pinocchio looks to make
his dream come true.

Production details:

JANUARY 12, 2009 – Payment for the session is due.

January 13, 2009 – Open call audition & audition workshop. All
enrolled actors complete our audition workshop prior to auditioning
for their desired role.  Following the workshop, auditions are held to
assign parts and introduce actors to this important process.

All roles are open for casting: Pinocchio, Master Cherry, Geppetto,
Blue Fairy, Cat, Fox, Fisherman, Townsmen, Coachman, Candlewick, Drum
Master, Ring Master, The ToyMaker, Marrionettes, Children of Toyland,
Whale, & Fish. Some actors may be assigned multiple parts. Please
bring a photo and resume if you have them, but they are not necessary.

January 15 through March 26 – Rehearsals! Set Design & Build! Costume
Design & Fittings! In many theatres there is a distinct division of
labor, but at smaller theaters like ours, everyone pitches in to get
things done. With that in mind, we want to give our students a taste
of everything that is necessary to put on a show so they will help
with sets, costumes, and props. They will also participate in a
rehearsal process intended to help them develop their skills as actors
and have fun! It is important to note that attendance is required for
all rehearsals, unless prior approval is received. As in any stage
production, everyone's presence is necessary for the show to go on!

March 27 through March 28 – Showtime! There will be three performances
open to the public: Friday at 7 pm, Saturday at 7 pm, and Sunday at 3
pm. These are definitely a required part of the session, and the part
where our students get to show everyone just what they have been
accomplishing for the past ten weeks. A nominal admission fee of $5
will be charged to attend.

March 28 – CAST party! Actors always look forward to their cast party,
and we don't want to miss out on that part of the experience. After
the final performance we will have a get together for the CAST
students, their immediate families, and the staff.  Pizza and juice
will be served.

Tuition

There is a charge of $200 per student, and this fee includes acting
instruction, props/costumes/scenery, rehearsal/performance space
licensing, insurance, and of course, a CAST party. Payment is due by
January 13th, 2009. We do offer $5 off for each registered actor you
refer to the program. We also offer a tuition assistance program for
families who are financially unable to participate.

In the event that students are unable to participate in the program
for whatever reason, refunds are available at the following rates: 100
% refund if we are notified before the payment due date of January 6,
2009, 50% refund if we are notified by the class start date of January
13, 2009, (items deleted) 25% refund if we are notified by January 15,
2009, and none if we are notified after January 15, 2009. Thank you
for your understanding and cooperation.  This policy ensures student
commitment and consistent presence, both critical to a great show and
positive experience!

The Instructors

Rebecca Jayne Boswell is enjoying her second year as a resident member
of the Steamer No. 10 Theater Company. Rebecca has been acting since
1990, with dramatic roles in both the US and Mexico.  With a start in
theater, Rebecca continues to develop her craft as a commercial,
industrial, voice and film actor, as well as a musical artist.
Having spent many hours in the classroom as an instructor, as well as
a student, Rebecca is excited to guide each C.A.S.T. participant
through their own enjoyable growth experience.

Agnes Kapusta Skiff I wrote to her and cc’d you in

For more information:

Please contact CAST Program Director Rebecca Boswell directly:

By e-mail: Rebecca at InsightsOutCoaching.com

By phone: 518-391-0484

Through her website: www.InsightsOutCoaching.com.

Rebecca Jayne Boswell
CAST Program Director