[Capdist-announce] Fwd: TRUE WEST - The Shuster Reading Series at Homemade Theater

Aaron Holbritter aaron.s.holbritter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 19:44:26 EDT 2009

Hi all - Our second reading follows fast on the heals of our first.
Join us for this classic by Sam Shepard on Sunday!!!
Val

Homemade Theater's Shuster Reading Series
presents

Sam Shepard's

TRUE WEST

Sunday, October 18th at 3 pm
Spa Little Theatre
Saratoga State Park
Admission Free (donations accepted)

*Directed by Aaron Holbritter*

*Cast list:*

 Ian LaChance as Austin
Aaron Holbritter as Lee
Isaac Newberry as Saul Kimmer
Monica Cangero as Mom

 Authors Bio: *Sam Shepard* (born November 5, 1943) is an
American<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States>
 playwright <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playwright>,
actor<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actor>
, and television <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_director> and film
director <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_director>. He is author of
several books of short stories, essays, and memoirs, and received the Pulitzer
Prize for Drama <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulitzer_Prize_for_Drama> in
1979 for his play,*Buried Child <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buried_Child>*.
As a film actor, Shepard is perhaps best known for his Academy Award
nominated portrayal of pilot Chuck
Yeager<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Yeager>
 in *The Right Stuff <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Right_Stuff_(film)>*
 (1983).

 Synopsis: True West is about the antagonistic relationship of two brothers,
Lee, a slovenly drifter and cat burglar, and Austin, an up-and-coming
screenwriter. Set in rural California, the action begins when Lee turns up
unexpectedly at his mother's house, now being tended by his more "stable"
brother. In the course of a few days, they reverse roles after Lee "sells" a
story of an old-fashioned western to a Hollywood producer and then tries to
get his more talented sibling to write the script.