[Capdist-announce] V-Day 2010: Albany

Amanda Brinke abrinke at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 20:14:14 EST 2010

Greetings!

It is that time of the year again.  This time we have three events!  As part of the International V-Day Campaign, a portion of each of our events supports the V-day Campaign spotlight group, Women of the Democratic Republic of Congo.

1. Friday, March 5th @ 7PM,  we will be screening, What I Want My Words to Do to You.  A documentary movie about the making of Any One of Us: Words from Prison @  the Women's Building, 373 Central Ave, Albany.

Come join us for this 1st Friday event.  Ticket sales to this event benefits The Women's Building.

Tickets are $7.

2.  Performance of Any One of Us.  Eve Ensler's dynamic collection of stories by women in prison for violent acts, and the violence in their lives that lead them to their life behind bars.

Directed by Jeremy Ward, this event benefits The Women's Building, in their quest to help end the violence against women.

A talkback session will follow each performance.

Performances are March 11, 12, 13 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) at 7:30PM @  the Women's Building, 373 Central Ave, Albany.

Tickets are $10 & $8 (student/senior).

Please contact Jeremy Ward to make reservations at (518) 788-5254 or jeremyward at jeremyward.info.

3.  Dinner and Vagina III.  Performance of The Vagina Monologues.  The performances are March 21, 22, 23 (that's Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights) at Café 217 in Albany, corner of Delaware Ave and Jefferson (one block off of Lark Street).

The cost is $35 and includes dinner, followed by GUARANTEED VAGINA!!!! Dinner option are Pasta Primavera, Chicken Cordon Bleu and Salmon with Dill Sauce. The meal also includes choice of soup or salad and a dessert. Dinner seating begins at 6:30pm, with the meal starting at 7pm. This production supports the Upper Hudson Planned Parenthood.

To reserve a seat please e-mail or call Amanda Brinke at 518-253-9821.  Or reply to this email.

Hope to see you at the shows!

Amanda Brinke