[Capdist-announce] Performance announcement - non-profit theatre - attached release, poster, photo - THANKS!

Carl Ritchie taconicstage at aol.com
Wed Jul 6 09:36:30 EDT 2011

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Includes calendar listing
Contact: Carl Ritchie, 518-325-1234

Taconic Stage’s Copake Lake Dinner Theatre Introduces
“The Real (Desperate) Housewives of Columbia County Musical!”

Building on the success of its first two original comedy musicals, Taconic Stage Company third annual summer season introduces “The Real (Desperate) Housewives of Columbia County Musical!” another hilarious, locally inspired evening of dinner theatre.

The new show – “loosely” based on those ubiquitous reality TV shows - tells the story of five funny, fabulous women. Two are locals, two are weekenders and one is a recent transplant. Their world has many ups and downs but Happy Hour is always just around the corner.

“Our first two musical comedies were so well received by audiences from near and far – we had to keep adding extra shows – so we decided to keep the fun flowing,” said Carl Ritchie, founder and artistic director of Taconic Stage. “And with ‘The Real (Desperate) Housewives’ we’ve gone back to the revue format that made our middle-aged show two years ago such a runaway hit.”

Ritchie again teamed with Los Angeles composer Wayne Moore to produce the new musical. The Ritchie/Moore collaboration first had the audience in stitches with 2009’s middle-aged musical, “I Know I Came in Here for Something…” (which has since been performed in Los Angeles and Las Vegas) and followed that success with last summer’s “Senior Moments.”

“The Real (Desperate) Housewives of Columbia County Musical!” stars Diedre Bollinger, Meg Dooley, Cathy Lee-Visscher, Constance Lopez and Rachel Weisman, and features original musical numbers such as “Don’t Fool Around on Your Broker,” “Shop Till You Drop” and “A Good Handyman is Hard to Find.” Musical director is John Moran and costumes are by Joanne Maurer

Shows will again be presented as dinner theatre at the Lighthouse Marina and Restaurant overlooking beautiful Copake Lake. Taconic Stage’s third season is also generously sponsored by Brad Peck Insurance and Ed Herrington, Inc., as were previous seasons.

Performances of “The Real (Desperate) Housewives of Columbia County Musical!” will be held Fridays and Saturdays beginning July 29 through Labor Day weekend. Dinner and show cost $40, with a full cash bar available. Dinner starts at 7 p.m., show at 8 p.m. There will also be three special brunch shows: August 7, 14 and 21, with the meal at 1 p.m., show at 2 p.m.

For tickets and information call 518-325-1234 or go to www.TaconicStage.com. Or email TaconicStage at aol.com to have your name added to their email list.

CALENDAR LISTING:
Taconic Stage presents “The Real (Desperate) Housewives of Columbia County Musical!” Fridays and Saturdays, July 29 through Labor Day weekend. Dinner and show $40, cash bar; dinner at 7 p.m., show at 8 p.m. Brunch shows Aug. 7, 14 and 21, meal at 1 p.m., show at 2 p.m. For tickets 518-325-1234 or go to www.TaconicStage.com. Email TaconicStage at aol.com to have your name added to their email list.