[Capdist-announce] Thornton Wilder's OUR TOWN at Hubbard Hall

debfoster at hubbardhall.org debfoster at hubbardhall.org
Thu Mar 10 16:33:30 EST 2011

THE THEATRE COMPANY at HUBBARD HALL PRESENTS
THORNTON WILDER’S ‘OUR TOWN’ MARCH 10 – APRIL 3
 CAMBRIDGE, NY (March 7, 2010)—The award-winning TheatreCompany at Hubbard Hall (TCHH) will perform Our Town, Thornton Wilder’stimeless and much loved drama of American small-town life, March 10 throughApril 3.
Our Town, which indelibly locates the universal in everydayliving, is a character story about an “every town’s” citizens in the earlytwentieth century as depicted through their daily lives (particularly GeorgeGibbs, a doctor's son, and Emily Webb, the daughter of the town's newspapereditor and George's future wife). Wilder sets the play in a 1930s’ theater and uses the actions of the StageManager to create the town of Grover'sCorners for the audience.
TCHH veterans Randolyn Zinn and Allen McCullough will directa cast that includes Alexandra Jennings as Emily, Jim Staudt as George, RichardHowe as Mr. Webb, Eric Barnum as Doc Gibbs, and McCullough as the Stage Manager.
 “Wilder emphasizes the wonders and beauty of daily life, yethis message is neither sentimental nor romantic, reaching beyond the limitedgrasp of his characters’ comments,” said the directors.  “This is not a goody-goody play.  Rural life is not ‘quaint’… the lives may besmall in Grover’s Corners, but they are part of a vast pattern.”
There will be 13 performances of Our Town, March 10 (PayWhat You Will / Open Rehearsal) at 8 p.m., March 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26 andApril 1 and 2 at 8 p.m., and March 13, 20, 27 and April 3  at 2 p.m. Tickets are $22 for Hubbard Hallmembers, $25 for non-members and $15 for students and children. Tickets areavailable at www.hubbardhall.org or by calling (518) 677-2495.
 Hubbard Hall is an historic opera house located at 25 E. Main St. in Cambridge, NY.For information, visit www.hubbardhall.org.