[Capdist-announce] Confetti Stage to show The Underpants!

stageboynewyork at aol.com stageboynewyork at aol.com
Wed May 25 15:04:51 EDT 2011

Confetti Stage Inc, Theatre Without Limits, is excited to celebrate its 40th production, Steve Martin’s adaptation of The Underpants,
a play by Carl Sternheim, & directed by Ryan McLaughlin.

Evening Performances – June 17, 18, 23, 24, & 25 at 8:00pm

Matinee Performances – June 19 & 26 at 2:00pm

Steve Martin, the renowned comic actor and author of Picasso at the Lapine Agile provides a wild satire adapted from the classic
German play about Louise and Theo Maske, a couple whose conservative existence is shattered when Louise’s bloomers fall
down in public. Though she pulls them up quickly, he thinks the incident will cost him his job as a government clerk. Louise’s
momentary display does not result in the feared scandal but it does attract two infatuated men, each of whom wants to rent
the spare room in the Maske’s home.Oblivious of their amorous objectives, Theo splits the room between them, happy to
collect rent from both the foppish poet and the whiny hypochondriac.  As a different type of scandal erupts into spectacle,
the characters reflect, and reflect upon, our fascination with fame, our reliance on gender roles, and our enslavement by sex.
The Underpants features: Jack Dixon, Stephen Henel, Vivian Hwang, Carolyn Maroney, Andrew James Poole, Matthew Side,
and Patrick White.

All performances will be take place at
Confetti Stage at The Albany Masonic Hall
4th Floor Theater
67 Corning Place
Albany, New York 12207

Tickets are $12 if purchased at www.confettistage.com
OR $18 when purchased through the Confetti Stage Box Office at 518-242-8015.

** NOW THROUGH JUNE 6 USE DISCOUNT CODE  " bloomers "  FOR SPECIAL CapDist Announce TICKET PRICING