[Capdist-announce] BENT by Martin Sherman at the Albany Barn opens FRIDAY, 6/6

Confetti Stage confettistageinc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 21:49:10 EDT 2014

In recognition of Capital Pride 2014 Confetti Stage presents

BENT
By Martin Sherman
Directed by Barbara Davis-Dickman

Only 6 performances
June 6-7 & 12-13 at 7:30pm
June 8 & 15 at 2:00pm
*Please note that there is no performance on Saturday, June 14th

In recognition of Pride Week 2014, Confetti Stage will bring Martin
Sherman’s stirring historical drama “Bent” to the Albany Barn in downtown
Albany. “Bent” was the first widely-known literary work to explore the
persecution of gays in Nazi Germany, and has been described by scholars as
being “both a historical document commemorating the Holocaust and an
influential work of activism.”  The play was adapted into a 1997 film of
the same title featuring Clive Owen, Sir Ian McKellan (who starred in the
original staged production), and Mick Jagger.

Set in Germany during the 1930’s, “Bent” tells the story of Max, a
homosexual man who is targeted by the Nazis soon after the infamous Night
of the Long Knives. His long, heartbreaking journey takes him from the
decadence of pre-war Berlin to the squalor of the Dachau concentration
camp. Through several horrific ordeals, Max’s soul soon becomes a
battleground between the will to survive and the courage to love. This show
contains adult content and nudity, and is recommended for mature audiences
only.

Bent features: J.J. Buechner, Thomas J. Dickson, Stephen Henel, Brian
McBride Land, Jonathan Pate, Richard Sagendorf, Matthew Side, Jon South,
and Brian Toal.

All performances held at* The Albany Barn, 56 2nd Street in Albany, NY*.
Please note that this is not our home theater!

Tickets are $15 or $50 for a 4-ticket FlexTix.  Tickets can be reserved by
calling our Box Office at (518)460-116 <%28518%29460-1167>7 or purchased
online at:
http://www.instantseats.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.venue&venueid=127

Find us on facebook or online at http://confettistage.org for more
information!

--
Confetti Stage, Inc
www.confettistage.org

Please join us for our next show,* BENT *by Martin Sherman, running from *June
6th-15th*.