[Capdist-announce] FREE STAGED READING OF THERESA REBECK'S "THE SCENE" AT SCP

John Hickman jwmhickman at nycap.rr.com
Fri Mar 28 23:28:44 EDT 2014

*Playhouse logo****/_Be our guest Sunday, April 6_/**//*//

*/Celebrating our 86th Season . . ./***

*/Schenectady Civic Players invite you to . . ./**//*

*/a FREE/**/staged reading of . . ./*

*//**/Theresa Rebeck's . . . ./**//***////

*/-- The Scene --/***

/Directed by Melissa Lacijan/

*//*

*/The Scene,/*by Theresa Rebeck who also authored /The Understudy/ which
just closed an acclaimed main stage production at our Schenectady Civic
Playhouse,is a provocative comedy about the pitfalls and shallowness of
the entertainment industry, an industry where who you know and what
party you attend is most important.The story focuses on Charlie, an
out-of-work actor, his successful TV producer wife, Stella, and his
friend, Lewis. When pretty and ambitious Clea enters the scene, she
first dates Lewis and then moves on to Charlie. When Clea and Charlie's
heated affair eventually ends, Charlie is left broke and emotionally &
spiritually adrift.

The play, recommended for adult audiences,*//*features Capital District
and Schenectady Civic Players actorsShawn Hahn (/as Charlie/), Stephanie
Adair (/as Clea/), Joy Perret (/as Stella/), and Matthew Perret (/as
Lewis/).

*/-/**/- _Sunday, April 6, at 2:30 p.m._ --/**//*

*/(One Performance Only)/*

*/at The Schenectady Civic Playhouse /***

*12 South Church St., in Schenectady's historic Stockade District
(518-382-2081)*

*_FREE Admission.__Open Seating.__No advance reservations._  Just walk
right in.*

*/(Light refreshments served after the show in the Green Room)/*

*/We're _your_ community theater.At the reception ask how you might get
more involved in our on-stage and/or back-stage fun and
excitement.www.civicplayers.org/*