[Capdist-announce] Albany Civic Theater Opens 'Ain't Misbehavin'' Friday, Feb. 5

I want to believe portia42 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 12:19:10 EST 2016

Albany Civic Theater presents:

Ain't Misbehavin', the Fats Waller Musical Show

Conceived by Richard Maltby, Jr. and Murray Horowitz
Created and Originally Directed by Richard Maltby, Jr.
Original Choreography and Musical Staging by Arthur Faria
Musical Adaptation, Orchestrations and Arrangements by Luther Henderson

Directed by Michael C. Mensching

Dates and Times
Pay-what-you-will preview Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 7:30PM
Show dates February 5-21, Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30PM, Sundays at 3PM

Ticket Info
Regular ticket price is $18.  Student price is $10.  Please call the
theater to reserve tickets at (518) 462-1297.

Synopsis
The Harlem Renaissance of the 1920s and 1930s comes to life in the
three-time Tony award-winning musical revue, Ain't Misbehavin’. Join our
performers on a journey through the timeless music of Thomas “Fats” Waller.
You'll be jumpin’ and jivin’ to memorable songs such as “Honeysuckle Rose”,
“Ain’t Misbehavin’”, “Black and Blue”, “This Joint is Jumpin’ ” and “I’ve
Got a Feeling I’m Falling.” One of the most popular, well-crafted revues of
all time, sometimes sassy, sometimes sultry, it has moments of devastating
beauty that are simply unforgettable.

SINGERS
Leo D'Juan
Hayes M. Fields II
Barbara N. Howard
Kim Marsh
Samara Miller

DANCERS
Shaun Franklin
Meloni Griffin
Gregory Theodore Marsh
Neyonna Watson

Ain't Misbehavin' is presented through special arrangement with Music
Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also
supplied by MTI. See more at: http://www.mtishows.com.

Albany Civic Theater
235 Second Avenue
Albany NY