[Capdist-announce] Our Town at the Ghent Playhouse

Linda Murawski lindam4gph at gmail.com
Tue May 22 08:23:09 EDT 2018

Our Town, directed by John Trainor, is a "must-see" at the Ghent Playhouse
through June 3.

 Even if you have seen Our Town in the past, you need to see this version!

A story of daily life, love & marriage and death & eternity in a small
American town nestled in at 42°40′ north latitude and 70°37′ west
longitude. This production is directed by John Trainor and runs May 18,
2018 through June 3, 2018.

Set in the fictional town of Grover’s Corners, Thornton Wilder’s
masterpiece is narrated by a Stage Manager and performed with minimal props
and sets as the audience follows the Webb and Gibbs families, as their
children fall in love, marry, and eventually – in one of the most famous
scenes in American theater history – die. The Ghent Playhouse is thrilled
to present the playwright’s definitive version of Our Town, described by
Edward Albee as “… the greatest American play ever written.” Winner of the
1938 Pulitzer Prize for Drama.

The cast includes Eric Washburn, Joe Kelly, Susan Dantz, Meaghan Rogers,
Quinn Haley, Tula Haley, Bill Shein, Amy Hausknecht, Clyde Drake, Ely
Loskowitz, Kathy Marin Wohlfeld, Sam Reilly, Gene Fox, Mark Lant, Bob
Walker, Karen McNulty, Randi Lant, Julie Valliere, Amy Loskowitz and Alice
Roth.
This production is produced by Playhouse President Kelly Mackerer. Artistic
Director Cathy Lee-Visscher is the set designer. Arielle Lant is the stage
manager. Costumes by Joanne Maurer and Lighting design by Izzy Filkins.

Friday and Saturday performances are at 8 pm and Sunday matinees are at 2
pm. Tickets are $22 each, $17 for Members of the Playhouse and $10 for
Students with ID. Tickets may be reserved by calling 1-800-838-3006 or
going to the website at http://www.ghentplayhouse.org.

And, thanks to our wonderful patrons and sponsors, the Ghent Playhouse is
now air conditioned!

Photo 1 caption: 2017-18 GPH Our Town Kathy Marin Wohlfeld, Susan Dantz &
Amy Hausknecht
Photo 2 caption: 2017-18 GPH Our Town Bill Shein & Quinn Haley
Photo Credit: Cindy Smith

--
*Linda Murawski*, Office Manager & Publicity person for The Ghent
Playhouse, an all-volunteer community theater located in beautiful Columbia

6 Town Hall Place, Ghent, NY  12075  (518) 392-6264