[Capdist-announce] PRESS RELEASE: 518 Alumni Join Forces on a Concert to Raise Money for The Theater Companies of Their Youth

Josh M romeodude801 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 13:39:17 EDT 2020

July 22nd, 2020

Lisa Romeo, Producer

https://www.facebook.com/events/3128120920590348

518.703.1536

518 Alumni Join Forces on a Concert to Raise Money for The Theater
Companies of Their Youth

[Troy, NY - July 22nd, 2020] Announcing an online benefit concert raising
money for capital region youth theater companies. This concert will be
presented for free via Facebook live.  During the performance, donations
will be collected for Consortium Actors, Debuts Theater Co., Lights Up
Productions, Playhouse Stage Company, and SYFI.  The donations will be
split equally between the five companies.

This amazing cast is composed of alumni (and high school seniors) who
performed with these theater companies, as well as others.  They will be
singing songs they either previously performed or from a show they
performed in during their time in the capital region.  Nearly all of the
performers have gone on to study Musical Theater in college, including
Maria Andreoli, Jack Rento, Dave Alderman, Ariana Papaleo, and more.
Others have since graduated college and are working as professional actors
performing in national tours and on Broadway, including Dan Macke, Kelly
Swint, Nicole Zelka, and Jacob Shipley.

One of the organizers of this event, Josh Romeo says the following “When I
decided to pursue performing as a career, my only goal was to make a name
for myself as a performer so I could return to the capital region and give
back to the companies and directors that shaped me into the person and
performer I am today.  I have yet to do the first part, but there’s no
better time to start doing the second part than now!”

Visit the Facebook event, https://www.facebook.com/events/3128120920590348,
for more information and the live reading.

AT A GLANCE

518 ALUMNI BENEFIT CONCERT

Online Concert via Facebook Live

Wednesday, July 29th, 2020