[Capdist-auditions] AUDITIONS for Take Me Out and the 2006 Short Play Festival

stageboynewyork at aol.com stageboynewyork at aol.com
Mon Mar 20 11:20:02 EST 2006

AUDITIONS
CAPITAL REGION PREMIERE OF the

tony award
winning

take me out

BY
RICHARD GREENBERG
&
Confetti Stage's 2006 Short Play Festival

March 27, 28, and 29, 2006 at 7:00 PM

Water Works Pub, 76 Central Avenue, Albany UPSTAIRS
June Production Dates

Darren Lemming, the star center fielder of the world champion New York Empires, is young, rich, famous, talented, handsome and so convinced of his popularity that when he casually announces he?s gay, he assumes the news will be readily accepted by everyone. It isn?t.

Those auditioning are asked to prepare a one minute monologue (optional) and be prepared to read from the script.

This is a show about athletes. Body type may play into casting for some roles.
This show requires 11 men, so we encourage anyone interested to audition! 9 of the characters are major league baseball players, actors must be able to pass for such. 1 character is a sports talent agent and can be any age. 1 character is the team's manager and should be played older than the players. There are no female roles in this production.

The SHORT PLAY FESTIVAL will be held in July 2006 at WAMC's Linda Norris Auditorium.  We will be auditioning for 6 short plays. 4 of which are by capital region playwrights. The plays will be rehearsed and presented during the Short Play Festival in July. Please bring a one minute monologue and be prepared to read from a script or two. The Short Play Festival will present all 6 plays over the course of 3 evenings. It is a chance for local playwrights, up and coming directors, stage managers, designers, and actors to show what they can do. We are expecting a large turn out for this event, so if you are an actor, director, designer, or stage manager, contact Neil at Confetti Stage or simply attend the audition.

For more information visit us on-line at www.confettistage.com and click on AUDITIONS or call 518-253-1253.

If you have ever been or thought about being on stage, then come out and audition for the Capital Region Premiere of the Tony Award winning TAKE ME OUT and the 2006 SHORT PLAY FESTIVAL!