[Capdist-auditions] Stageworks Auditions for the 2006 Theatrical Season

Laura Margolis lauramargolis at stageworkstheater.org
Wed Mar 29 11:47:51 EST 2006

Dear Colleagues,
Stageworks is holding Equity auditions for the first two plays of our
2006 season on April 8.  Non Equity actors are able to audition on the
same day, following the AEA auditions.  We are interested in getting the
word out to regional actors and would appreciate it if you could
broadcast or post this announcement to theater artists.  Thank you for
your help.  Best, Laura Margolis

Stageworks/Hudson will hold Auditions for the First Two Plays of the
2006 Season
Equity Principal Auditions by APPOINTMENT in Hudson, NY

Small Profession Theatres Contract, Level 6
Current minimum $337/week.
Laura Margolis, artistic director and director/PLAY BY PLAY;  Kevin
Doolen, director/ PLAY BY PLAY;  Jeff Mousseau, director/I AM MY OWN
WIFE; Phil Elman, General Manager

Equity Principal Auditions by APPOINTMENT:
Saturday, April 8, 2006
11 AM - 6 PM

Stageworks/Hudson
41A Cross Street
Hudson, NY

For an appointment, please call (518) 828-7843 or email
contact at stageworkshudson.org

Sides will be provided at audition. It is strongly suggested that actors
that they are interested in I AM MY OWN WIFE read the play before the
audition. The PLAY BY PLAY one-acts have not been published.

Please bring a picture and résumé, stapled together.

Stageworks is actively seeking to cast from these auditions.

PLAY BY PLAY- QUESTIONS?!   Original short plays by:  Lucile Lichtblau,
Steve Totland, James Farrell, Gary Garrison, Michel Wallerstein, Joel
Jones, Rich Orloff and Tom Coash

Begin rehearsals April 24, Open May 17, Close June 4.

A festival of 8 new short one-acts.  Actors play a variety of roles.
Every play is set in America.

Female: 25-35 years old, angelic looking but murderous Southern
preacher's daughter, also able to play a young German-Jewish
concentration camp inmate.

Female: 50-65 years old, WWII Jewish concentration camp survivor, also
able to play a brassy, loud-mouthed Las Vegas wedding chapel assistant.

Male: 25-35 years old, a delinquent, possibly violent, uneducated
southern boy, also able to play a sexually over-eager, nice guy husband.

Male: 50-65 years old, an aging lawn furniture salesman who's been
struck by lightning one too many times, also able to play a grocery
stock clerk to whom love has come late in life.

I AM MY OWN WIFE by Doug Wright
Begin rehearsals June 12, Open July 5, Close July 23 .

Set in the present times and the past.

Male: 30-45 to play the multiple roles of Charlotte Von Mahlsdorf, a
German man who is roughly 65 years old, and 34 other roles.

Roles in the season are open to Non-Traditional Casting. The Theatre
encourages all performers to audition.
Non Equity actors are welcome to call for an audition appointment.
Auditions will will take place following the Equity auditions.