[Capdist-auditions] Stage Managers Meetup

jeremyward at jeremyward.info jeremyward at jeremyward.info
Thu Sep 27 14:06:21 EDT 2007

We are planning an "all crew on deck" night out.  This event will be
for stage managemers only.  My intention in organizing this
event is to allow us all to get to know one another, benefit from each
other's knowledge, and learn about how we can collectively work
together in the best interest of the art we call home.  I would like a
social environment were we can sit and talk about the things going
good upstate NY on the stage management end, help foster better ways
to deal with the stuff not going so great, and learn what we need to
make us better at our jobs.  In the long run, I hope that we are able
to get together as a group and become a better use to the theatre that
goes on in this area - a network of stage managers who work as a team.

The Stage Managers Association is a 25 year old group which is a
collective of stage managers who can network, learn from each other,
develop their skills as stage managers, pass along job information,
and just have an understanding answer for someone when their show is
falling apart.  The stage management association has grants for
holding development classes in such areas as CPR, directing, and many
other development areas.  This is the kind of stuff I would love to
get together and discuss with everyone.

We will be meeting on Saturday - October 6, 2007 starting at 8 pm.
The location will be determined closer to the date.  Please contact me
at (518) 788-5254 or jeremyward at jeremyward.info to RSVP for this meetup.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Ward
p:  (518) 788-5254