[Capdist-auditions] TPOP Auditions for Talking With

Jonathan S. Slocum jslocum at pittsfield.net
Sat Jan 12 08:02:00 EST 2008

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Town Players of Pittsfield Holds Auditions

The Town Players of Pittsfield will hold auditions for its winter production of
Talking With by Jane Martin.  Auditions will be held on January 21st and 22nd at
7:00pm at the Lichtenstein Center for the Arts, 28 Renne Avenue, Pittsfield.
Production dates are set for March 7th, 8th, 14th & 15th at 8:00pm  in K-111 of the
Koussevitzky Arts Center at Berkshire Community College.

The play, directed by Kate Gulliver, consists of monologues by women who have
learned to cope with change, loss, lack of love and aging in their own unique,
unconventional ways. Some face reality squarely and find ways of compensating, while
others retreat into fantasy or ritual. Beneath their odd and sometime bizarre
behaviors, we catch glimpses of ordinary people whose needs and emotions are not
very different from our own, who share in our common humanity.

This all female cast calls for women of various ages.  Script readings will be the
only audition requirement.  For background on individual monologues, please visit
the Town Players website at   www.townplayers.org