[Capdist-auditions] NSCP - They're Playing Our Song auditions -- TONIGHT!!!!!

LWAndruski at aol.com LWAndruski at aol.com
Wed Jan 30 08:12:15 EST 2008

They're Playing Our Song Auditions

Tuesday, January 29th, and  Wednesday, January 30th from 7:00-9:00 p.m.

Senior Center, Clifton  Park

Clifton Park:  Not So Common Players announces  auditions for They're
Playing Our Song on Tuesday, January 29th and  Wednesday, January 30th
from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. at the Senior Center on  the Common off Vischer
Ferry Road.  Performance dates are:   April 25, 26, 27, and May 2, 3,
4, at the Shen Little  Theater.

Directed by Jennifer S. Depew with musical direction by  Sherri
Strichman and Choreography by Donna Hatch,  They're  Playing Our Song
is a musical with a book by Neil Simon, lyrics by  Carole Bayer Sager,
and music by Marvin Hamlisch.  In a story  based on the real-life
relationship of Hamlisch and Sager, a  wisecracking composer finds a
new, offbeat lyricist, but initially the  match is not one made in
heaven.  The two undergo a series of  trials and overcome a number of
hurdles before finding true love by  the final curtain.

They're Playing Our Song is essentially a  two-character show.  Vernon
and Sonia are the sole characters on  stage; each character has a
three-person Greek chorus acting as their  inner voices, and there are
no big production  numbers.

Bring sheet music and be prepared to sing 16 bars of a  song from a
Broadway musical.  The song doesn't have to be from  They're Playing
Our Song however a song in the 70's style would match  the show more
than something from High School Musical - for  example.  An accompanist
will be provided.  No a capella  singing will be accepted.  Resume and
photo desirable, but not  required.

Character Breakdown:

Vernon Gersch (Baritone)  wisecracking top music composer, mid 30's,
aloof and  focused

Sonia Walsk (Mezzo-soprano) offbeat lyricist, late 20's,  disorganized
and distracted

The Voices of Vernon (3-4  men) and The Voices of Sonia (3-4 women) who
sing with the lead  characters in four out of the nine songs.  They
also 'show up' at  various moments within the play.  There are a couple
off stage  speaking roles that will be cast from among The  Voices.

Additional Information:  Richard Lenehan(Producer)  466-6252;
rlenehan at nycap.rr.com; Pat O'Donnell 371-6681 and Jennifer  Depew
(Director) jensiss at logical.net  .

-30-

----- End forwarded message -----

_FYI, sent to media three weeks age and our mailing list two weeks ago, as
per Sally. Richard
_rlenehan at nycap.rr.com_ (mailto:rlenehan at nycap.rr.com) ; Pat O’Donnell  371-6681 and Jennifer
Depew (Director) _jensiss at logical.net_ (mailto:jensiss at logical.net)   .