[Capdist-auditions] SCP Pot-luck Play Readings

Robin Hackett rlhacket at gw.dec.state.ny.us
Wed Sep 17 08:54:33 EDT 2008

Pot-luck Play Readings!
Have you ever wanted to experience a play without rehearsing, or dressing up for
a night out?  Ever tried out for a part you realy wanted, but didn't get?  How
about spending just one evening to enjoy a play and socialize with other theater
people, in a relaxed and fun setting?
Come down to the Playhouse once a month, for a pot-luck dinner and play reading.
We will start to gather and eat around 6:30pm, and then pick parts and read,
starting (hopefully) around 7pm.  You can come for dinner, the reading only, or
both!  An audience is as important, and dinner should quiet any grumbling
stomachs.  If we have more readers than parts, we can change roles at the Act
break.  If we have fewer, we can try multiple roles and voices. :)

Tentative Schedule thru the end of the year:

October 9th - theme: Horror/Ghosts
     We'll be reading F. Andrew Leslie's "The Haunting of Hill House", based on
the Shirley Jackson story.

November 13th - theme: Classic American
     Right now we're looking at possibly a Neil Simon, like "Barefoot in the
Park" or "Last of the Red Hot Lovers".

December 8th - theme:  Holiday?
     There are passion plays from the late Middle Ages, and we are looking into
one from "The Mystery Cycle".

Copies of the play will be provided, but if you have one at home, bring it
along.

We will also be looking for ideas of plays to read in future months, and ideas
for other fun things to do.

If you have any questions, please contact Robin Hackett at 377-0449 or
rhackett at nycap.rr.com