[Capdist-auditions] Obsidian needs a bass, 2nd guitar, singer, and keyboardist (Valatie)

obsidian obsidian at nycap.rr.com
Thu Aug 6 23:09:06 EDT 2009

The progressive metal band Obsidian is now in need of a bassist,2nd
guitar,singer,and keyboardist. We are looking for people who are 15-19
years old and who are very dedicated to music. You must be drug free as
well.

as a bassist we are looking for some body who can play the progressive
music of dream theater and porcupine tree but also needs to be able to
play the heaviness of bands like bullet for my valentine or lamb of god
. As a guitar player, we would like some one who can play with other
guitarists and have enough chops to solo and to play rhythm parts you
also need to be knowledgeable about your instrument.Keyboard players,we
would like to have somebody who knows a lot about music and we would
also like you to be able to solo with keyboard but also play it like a
grand piano at some points. We want to do this for a living so please
only respond if you are serious and know how to play your instrument
well. Singers we want somebody who is truly diverse with their voice, we
are looking for somebody that can sing like a Russel Allan, Geoff
Tate,James Labrie, or like the singer of any power metal band. In other
words we want somebody who can be almost operatic but yet can still get
a gritty metal tone to their voice

Hope to hear from you guys soon!
Obsidian