[Capdist-auditions] Extras Needed for Family Short Film

Jeff Burns jeff_burns23 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 3 02:29:48 EST 2009

Hey all,

     I'm Assistant Director of an exciting short film shoot coming up in Troy.  The film is called "Away In A Manger" and is directed by Roman Jaquez.  We've already had a great response for our extras call but we need even more.  The more people the better!  And we need all ages.

     So, if you're interested in being an extra on December 12 from about 4:00 - 8:00 p.m., please e-mail Director Roman Jaquez at romanjaquez at mac.com or Production Manager Howard Smith at howardpsmith at gmail.com

     All the details are below!  You can also get updates at http://www.romanjaquez.com/AwayInAManger.html  Thanks!  I hope to see you there :)

Jeff Burns

PRODUCTION TITLE: "Away in a Manger"
Shooting Location: Monument Square, 265 River Street, TroyNY12180
Date/TIME: Saturday, December 12th, from 4-8PM
SYNOPSIS: "Away in a Manger" is about the magical and
mysterious tale of Christmas that blends both ancient celebrations and modern
day family traditions. When Abby, an ordinary school girl, calls to a live
radio talk show, the town is challenged by her to think about the true meaning
of Christmas. After the live radio broadcast of "Monday Morning Mayhem
with the Mayor", something truly extraordinary happens to the people of GulluverCity. This Christmas, the words of a child will inspire an
entire community to share the joy of celebrating the birth of Christ.
Genre: Family, Short Film
Director: Roman Jaquez
Cast: Abbie Marcelle, Yury Tsykun, Rosemary Thomas,
Michael Lenz, Reagan Bongiorno, Damian Beltsmith & Rob Keparutis.
FILMPRODUCTION NOTE FOR EXTRAS 12/12/09
We need at least 200 movie extras to pull the scene off. If you have friends and
family whom you know will enjoy the experience, please extend and invitation
for them to attend. We will be serving hot chocolate, tea and coffee to keep
you warm. Also, the doors at ArtsCenterof the Capital Region will be open for you to stay warm
when we are not filming.
This scene is by far the most
exciting and highly anticipating production I have ever done. To give you an
idea of what it might look like, I will like to share with you a few lines from
the screenplay:
"In the gloomy dark, lighted
candles appear. They come from all directions and glow like a small galaxy of
flickering stars. The town's people with their tiny lights file around the
stable and come close to the Nativity Scene."
The manger will be set up in the
heart of Monument Squarein TroyNY. We will film several wide angle shots of groups of
people approaching with candle lights. As the families and friends gathers
around the Nativity Scene, the town sing in one accord "O Holy
Night".
I am thrilled to announced that
the San Diegobased band, Future of Forestry, has granted the permit
to use their music for this SAG signatory production.
Please check them out at: http://futureofforestry.com/
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE FILMING:
1) If you are planing on attending to the production
set, please let me know by emailing me at: romanjaquez at mac.com
I want to make sure to give you a copy of the film when completed as a thank
you gift for your support. Please be sure to let me know how many people will
be coming with you. I am very thankful to you for your support in making this
heart warming, family friendly short film a reality.
2) Please dress WARM. We will be filming outside.
However we will try our best to keep you warm with drinks and shelter at the ArtCenterso that you and your kids enjoy the experience. Don't
forget to wear your Winter hat, gloves and scarf.
WHAT TO
EXPECT:

1) Adults will be given a candle to hold. If parents feel
comfortable also their children (depending of age) will also get a candle to
hold.
2) One of my production assistant will ask you to sing
a release form that grants your permission to us to film you for this film.
3) If you have any questions, please feel free to
contact me at: romanjaquez at mac.com
4) Please make an effort (if your time allows) to
familiarize yourself with the the Christmas Carol "O Holy Night". If
you can't sing don't worry. We only need the lips sync. We will play the song
out-loud for you to sing along to it, so, you don't have to worry about
memorizing the song or worry about singing at all.
O HOLY NIGHT, Christmas Carol
Future
of Forestry Lyrics:
O Holy Night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of our dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining.
Till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
To yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!
O night divine, O night when Christ was born;
Truly He taught us to love one another,
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
Chains shall he break, for the slave is our brother.
And in his name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
Let always in us praise His holy name.
Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!
O night divine, O night when Christ was born;
Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!
O night divine, O night when Christ was born;
Christ is the Lord!
Then ever, ever praise we,
O night divine, O night divine;