[Capdist-auditions] LCD projector needed for RPI Players production of "Assassins"

Eugene W. Kosarovich scorpioprod at verizon.net
Sat Feb 21 18:54:56 EST 2009

Hello,

I am checking to see if anyone has a LCD projector that RPI Players could
borrow for the month of April for our spring musical "Assassins".

We are looking for a projector with a wide angle lens that can produce a
large rear projection image in a throw distance of 12 feet.  The only
projectors we currently have access to produce a 4:3 image with a 100"
diagonal, which is 5' by 6.5'.  We would like a bigger image, preferably in
the 4:3 aspect, since we'd need a lot bigger image to keep a taller height
than that in the 16:9 aspect.  This projector would be fed by a VGA feed
from a computer, and would need to produce a relatively bright image.

Also, if anyone has a first surface mirror we could borrow, that could
provide another method to improve our effective throw distance.

Thanks.

EWK
---
Eugene W. Kosarovich