[Capdist-auditions] audition announcement: musicians/vocalists needed for "studio band"

Grogan, Steven (OCFS) Steven.Grogan at ocfs.state.ny.us
Mon May 18 09:29:58 EDT 2009

Hello,

My name is Steve Grogan and I am looking for a bassist and drummer to
help me out in the studio. (I'm also looking for singers, and I will
explain why later.) My plan is to record a concept album I wrote, which
consists of eighteen songs. These tunes span all kinds of genres: pop,
punk, hard rock, psychedelic, and even a little metal and prog thrown in
to boot. This album is written like a stage play in that it has three
acts and multiple characters. When the music is fully laid down, then I
need to have singers come in and try out for all the different parts.
With vocals finalized, I want to release this as three CDs
(corresponding to the three acts), consisting of six songs each.

Please note: I cannot pay anyone for their time. However, you will
receive free copies of each CD. It will also give you something else to
put on your resume. Last but not least, the other way I could pay you
back is by coming to the studio with anyone who gives me a hand to help
out on THEIR songs...free of charge, of course.

If anyone is interested, then please visit the Myspace link below to
hear rough demos of the entire first act. Then you can write me either
at that profile or at the email given below:

www.myspace.com/burningvanity

wingchun100 at yahoo.com

Hope to hear from you,

Steve Grogan
This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, or legally protected, and as such is not a public document.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this communication is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail message and delete the original and all copies of the communication, along with any attachments hereto or links herein, from your system.