[Capdist-auditions] Casting Notice

Roman Jaquez romanjaquez at mac.com
Thu Nov 19 16:21:16 EST 2009

PRODUCTION TITLE: "Away in a Manger"

http://www.romanjaquez.com/AwayInAManger.html

Shooting Location: Monument Square, 265 River Street, Troy NY 12180

Date/TIME: Saturday, December 12th, from 5-8PM

SYNOPSIS: "Away in a Manger" is about the magical and mysterious tale
of Christmas that blends both ancient celebrations and modern day
family traditions. When Abby, an ordinary school girl, calls to a live
radio talk show, the town is challenged by her to think about the true
meaning of Christmas. After the live radio broadcast of "Monday
Morning Mayhem with the Mayor", something truly extraordinary happens
to the people of Gulluver City. This Christmas, the words of a child
will inspire an entire community to share the joy of celebrating the
birth of Christ.

Genre: Family, Short Film
Director: Roman Jaquez
Cast: Abbie Marcelle, Yury Tsykun, Rosemary Thomas, Michael Lenz,
Reagan Bongiorno, Damian Beltsmith & Rob Keparutis.

FILM PRODUCTION NOTE FOR EXTRAS 12/12/09

We need at least 200 movie extras to pull the scene off. If you have
friends and family whom you know will enjoy the experience, please
extend an invitation to them to attend. We will be serving hot
chocolate, tea and coffee to keep you warm. Also, the doors to the
Arts Center of the Capital Region will be open for you to stay warm
when we are not filming.

This scene is by far the most exciting and highly anticipated
production I have ever done. This will be a fun thing to do with the
family. To give you an idea of what it might look like, I would like
to share a few lines from the screenplay:

"In the gloomy dark, lighted candles appear. They come from all
directions and glow like a small galaxy of flickering stars. The
town's people with their tiny lights file around the stable and come
close to the Nativity Scene."

The manger will be set up in the heart of Monument Square in Troy NY.
We will film several wide angle shots of groups of people approaching
with candle lights. As the families and friends gather around the
Nativity Scene, the town sing "O Holy Night" together.

I am thrilled to announced that the San Diego based band, Future of
Forestry, has granted the permit to use their music for this SAG
signatory production.
Please check them out at: http://futureofforestry.com/