[Capdist-auditions] CALL for Master Carpenter for Jonathan Larson's RENT!

Jonathan Janssen jonathan.s.janssen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 14:17:17 EST 2010

Hello!

This is an open call to fill the role of MASTER CARPENTER for Jonathon
Larson's RENT!

The Master Carpenter is responsible for leading the construction, load-in,
and strike of the set. Performances will be at Revolution Hall in Troy but
initial build location will be elsewhere. We have a few criteria we are
looking for:

- Must be safety-conscious and knowledgeable in safe and acceptable set
building practices/stagecraft
- Must be able to lead a set building crew and plan/delegate work tasks
(rather than being a good solo project person)
- Must have their own transportation, pickup truck is a great bonus
- Must communicate regularly with Set Designer
- Available the months of February-March for offsite build time and for
first two weeks in April for load-in time.
- Prefer at least 5 full productions' experience of set building leadership
- Preferred to be eloquent in soliciting orders from multiple suppliers
- Preferred to have an existing network of set construction crew contacts

If you fit some or all of these criteria and are interested in being a part
of this outstanding show, please contact the producer Jonathan Janssen at
jonathan.s.janssen at gmail.com

Thanks!

Jonathan Janssen
Our Own Productions