[Capdist-auditions] Good at Art, Bad at Selling!!!

Steven Grogan wingchun100 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 15 01:35:31 EST 2010

I am sure there are many of you who receive this email that know what I am talking about. You are great at writing, directing, acting..you know, the creative side of filmmaking. However, when it comes time to burn that movie to a bunch of DVDs and then sell the thing...well, you are clueless! That is the boat I am in right now, and I am looking to join forces with someone who knows how to get out there and sell, sell, sell!!!

Seriously though, my name is Steve Grogan. Right now I am in the process of trying to sell a double feature DVD that contains two short movies I wrote and directed. The thing is I am having a hard time convincing anyone beyond family, friends, and coworkers that this product is worth their hard-earned $10. I am looking for someone who might have a better handle on the sales and distribution side of the indie film world. It would be really great if this was an alliance that stemmed beyond just this DVD, as I have three other scripts written that I am looking to film in the near future. Drop me a line and let's get this ball rolling!

Steve Grogan