[Capdist-auditions] Circle Theatre Players Auditions for "Sarah, Plain & Tall"- January 8 (snow update)

Sand Lake Center for the Arts info at slca-ctp.org
Fri Jan 7 08:35:43 EST 2011

"If the snow predicted to fall through Saturday causes you to question whether the audition might be postponed, or if you feel traveling to the Center might be unwise or impossible, please call CarolLynn Langley at 596-2288 for information, or to schedule a another time for you to audition.  Thank you!"

Sarah, Plain & Tall

Adapted by Joseph Robinette from the Newbury Award-winning

book by Patricia MacLachlan

We’re still searching for Sarah – and a few other actors, as well – for our March 25 – April 3 production!  We have an enthusiastic group of kids who are anxious to know who the adults are who will be cast with them.  This warm comedy/drama offers opportunities for several satisfying and challenging roles of varying sizes.

We need a young woman in the 18 – 25 age range to play the Adult Anna, an important narrative role.

The person playing Sarah should appear to be in her late twenties to mid-thirties.  She has to be on the tall side, of course, but plain only in that she’ll start out with an austere hairstyle and dress.  As her relationship with Jacob blossoms, she’ll become softer and more open.  And, she needs to sing in a casual, informal way.

Jacob, a Kansas farmer, must be age appropriate for Sarah and to be the father of a 12 year old child.  He should be able to sing a bit, too.

We have a wonderful person to play Jacob’s neighbor, Maggie, but she needs a husband, Matthew, who should be somewhere between 30 and 40+ in appearance.  Also needed are a recently married couple to play two small roles, and young man to play a very small role.

In addition to 6 weekend performances, the entire cast must be available for one daytime performance for school children on Wed. March, 30.

Auditions will be held on Saturday, Jan. 8 from 3 – 5pm at the Sand Lake Center for the Arts at 2880 Rt. 43, Averill Park, NY.  Please contact the director, CarolLynn Langley, at 283-4769, 596-2288 (cell), or cllangley at localnet.com for more information, or if you’re interested, but unable to attend on Saturday.

Auditions are open to the public.
No membership or fee required.

Auditions are held at

The Sand Lake Center for the Arts

2880 NY 43, Averill Park, NY

½ mile east of the blinking light in Averill Park.

518-674-2007

For more information

Visit the SLCA web site at slca-ctp.org.

Sand Lake Center for the Arts 2010-2011 Season

Circle Theatre Players

Inherit the Wind, Jan. 21 – 30

Sarah Plain and Tall, Mar. 25 – Apr. 3

Hart’s Tavern, Jun. 3 – 12

Gallery Shows

Tom Chesnut, Jan. 1 – Feb. 15

Special Events

Kevin McKrell & Brian Melick Benefit Concert, Feb. 12

Sand Lake Center for the Arts - Circle Theatre Players,
is a not for profit community arts center
The Center is a renovated, historically significant 1835 church
with a fully equipped open performing space for theatrical productions,
community meetings, concerts, workshops and classes; and is available for rent.
The light-filled Gallery boasts original stained glass windows
and exhibits artists' work throughout the year.
The Gallery and Cafe are open one hour prior to events.
Volunteer opportunities abound and can be yours by contacting
Executive Director, Debra Roy at info at slca-ctp.org.

The Center is air conditioned, handicapped accessible and has free parking.

http://slca-ctp.org
Sand Lake Center for the Arts - Circle Theatre Players
P.O. Box 179 - Averill Park, New York 12018
518-674-2007
Email: info at slca-ctp.org