[Capdist-auditions] Zombie Prom Auditions

dramaking0891 at aol.com dramaking0891 at aol.com
Thu May 5 11:11:14 EDT 2011

**BOYS WANTED!!! Males from age 15 and up are STRONGLY encouraged to
audition!! A list of available roles are listed below!**

Free '4' ALL productions

proudly announces auditions for our summer musical:

ZOMBIE PROM: The Musical!

Directed by: Frank Archina

Assistant Direction: Josh Rivera

Musical Direction: Alex DiCicco

Producer: Tori Savonna

Choreographer: Kody Carpenter

*****************

Zombie Prom: The Muscial

Music - Dana P. Rowe

Book and Lyrics - John Dempsey

About The Show!

"Mix together the best of "Little Shop of Horrors", "Grease" and "Bat
Boy", and you get Zombie Prom, the musical that has audiences rolling
in the aisles!"

Set in the nuclear 1950s, it’s just another day for the students at
Enrico Fermi High until Jonny Warner, distraught after being rejected
by his sweetheart Toffee, commits suicide by hurling himself into the
local nuclear reactor! But when Jonny reappears as a nuclear zombie, to
take his sweetheart to prom, the tyrannical principal Miss Strict
threatens to cancel the prom rather than let him back into the school.
A tragic tale of terror that will have you singing!

Cast Of Characters: {Roles Available for Casting!}

Jonny Warner: A troubled teenager new to Enrico Fermi High. [High Rock
Tenor-sings A-Bb. Can use strong head voice or falsetto.] Our Leading
man.

Toffee: This role has been cast.

Miss Strict: This role has been cast.

Eddie Flagrante: ADULT ROLE: Newspaper journalist; opportunistic
tabloid reporter who roots for the underdog and "justice" in the end.
Eddie plays opposite and love interest of Miss Strict, although he is
an "adult role" he can be played by an older teen. [Strong Baritone]

Candy: A hilarious role, she is a nervous nail biter, very hyper.
[Solid Belt-sings alto lines in group numbers.]

Coco: A chatty gossiper, funny cheerleader who's life revolves around
the senior prom. [Soprano Belt-Sings top harmony in group numbers.]

Ginger: This role has been cast.

Joey: Class jock, handsome and crude, not-so-bright. [Tenor with low
notes-sings 'bari-tenor' in group numbers.]

Josh: This role has been cast.

Jake: Probably voted the most popular, Sweet, handsome, and
personable-has a BIG crush on Candy. [High tenor in group numbers.]

***********

Rehearsals for ZOMBIE PROM will begin Monday May 16th @ The Good
Shepard Lutheran church in Colonie-near the Colonie Crossings. Regular
rehearsals will be Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 7PM-10PM. Through our
opening in August. The show is scheduled for four performances:

Friday August 5th-8pm

Saturday August 6th-2pm

Saturday August 6th-8pm

Sunday August 7th-2pm

The venue for this show is TBA.

The production staff will accept ANY & ALL conflicts available to us at
the first rehearsal. There will be breaks throughout the rehearsal
process for the 4th of July, and other holidays and summer activities.
Recommended age for this show is 15 and up-if you are younger please
have a parent with you at auditions-must be believable to play a high
school senior.

**Due to the hectic schedules of the production staff, and the
rehearsal's beginning in less then a month, time is of the essence! SO
Auditions for this show are by appointment ONLY, just to keep things
speedy and organized! To set up a time please email our director at:
Dramaking0891 at aol.com with the following information

-Name

-Age

-Song choice for auditions

-& Desired role (if available)

-Along with the day and time of your audition!

[You will receive an email confirmation!]

You may also contact our director by phone to schedule an appointment
at 518-320-6220. You may call anytime from 10AM-9PM.

Please let us know what day you have chosen ASAP, at the very minimum
24 hours prior to the day you've chosen, the sooner the better! You may
pick from the following dates and times to be seen for an audition:

Friday May 6th- Anywhere from 5PM-9PM

Sunday May 8th- Anywhere from 1PM-4PM

[Note: We will ONLY be available at these dates and times if requested.
These auditions are NOT open walk-ins, you must schedule a time, thank
you!]

IF we need to see you perform something from the show you will be asked
to do so that day, so please pick a day and time in which you can stay
a while. Auditions will be at the Good Shepard Lutheran church where
rehearsals will take place.**

~You may also email me with ANY questions, or concerns about the show
or auditions in general! I SO look forward to hearing from you all!!

Thanks in advance for your consideration!

~Frank Archina and the production staff!

Free '4' ALL Productions!