[Capdist-auditions] SLOC To Hold Usher Training

SLOC Ushers slocushers at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 26 13:33:09 EDT 2011

Hello everyone!

As SLOC enters its 85th season, many exciting changes are taking place!  We have moved in to our new, state-of-the-art Performing Arts Center and we are pleased to present an amazing season to the community!  At this time, SLOC Musical Theater is excited to announce that we are looking for additions to our Usher Staff!

We will be holding two brief Usher Training sessions at our newly renovated theater located at:   427 Franklin Street, Schenectady

Tuesday, September 27, 2011
7:00

- and -

Saturday, October 8, 2011
1:00

At each training session, you will be given an overview of SLOC's updated usher responsibilities and procedures and you will receive a copy of the seating chart - which is NEW this season!
It is NOT required that you attend in order to usher for SLOC, however any person wishing to act as Head Usher MUST attend a training session.

At each training session, you will have the opportunity to sign up to usher for the ENTIRE season! A great opportunity for those who like to plan in advance!
Anyone acting as an usher is guaranteed a seat to stay and watch that days performance if they would like to!

NEW THIS SEASON - Any person wishing to act as an usher is REQUIRED to be at least 13-years of age.

There is NO RSVP required to attend a training session - Please feel free to bring any friends or family members along that would be interested in volunteering as well!

If you are unable to attend at training session, but would like to volunteer to usher for a performance (or two or three) this season. please send an email to our
Usher Coordinator, Becky Straight at SLOCUshers at hotmail.com with the following information:

Name
Phone #
Best e-mail address to be contacted at
Show name and dates you would like to volunteer for

You will receive a confirmation email one your request has been secured!  There will be additional usher training dates scheduled throughout the season for those who cannot attend.

Performance times are as follows:  Thursday - Saturday at 8:00 PM,  Sunday at 2:00 PM

RAGTIME
Directed By: Joe FavaPerformance Dates: October 14-16 and 20-23, 2011
AIDA
Directed By: Michael Mensching
Performance Dates: December 2-4 and 8-11, 2011
BABY
Directed By: Sev Moro

Performance Dates: February 10-12 and 16-19, 2012

FIDDLER ON THE ROOF
Directed By: Laura Andruski
Performance Dates: March 16-18 and 22-25, 2012

HAIRSPRAY
Directed By: M. Gatzendorfer
Performance Dates: May 11-13 and 17-20, 2012

Becky Straight
Usher Chair
SLOCUshers at hotmail.com
518-588-1726 (cell)