[Capdist-auditions] AUDITIONS: Merry Wives of Windsor (CTG)

AStarr15 at aol.com AStarr15 at aol.com
Wed Apr 25 17:21:57 EDT 2012

Falstaff is a drunkard. A thief. A liar  and a coward. And those are his
good points. When he sets out to seduce and  swindle two wealthy married women
of Windsor, he gets far more than he's  bargained for...including his just
desserts.

Don't miss your chance to  be a part ...of this rare staging of one of
Shakespeare's most  hilarious comedies! All roles are available; seeking men and
women, ages 16 and  up, to create an ensemble cast of 15 actors.

Auditions will be held  Tuesday evening, May 1, 7-9 pm, and Saturday
afternoon, May 5, 1-3 pm, at the  First Reformed Church of Schenectady, located at
8 North Church Street,  Schenectady, NY. Please prepare a comic
Shakespearean monologue, 1-2 minutes in  length, for the audition. Actors will also be
asked to read sides from the  play.

Rehearsals to begin mid-May, approximately three times per week.  "Merry
Wives" will be performed outdoors as part of the Helderberg Theater  Festival
presented by Classic Theater Guild at Indian Ladder Farms in Altamont,  NY.
The festival runs from July 26 through August 12; performances for "Merry
Wives of Windsor" are as follows (six shows total):

Thursday, July 26 at  8 pm
Saturday, July 28 at 8 pm
Friday, Aug. 3 at 8 pm
Sunday, Aug. 5 at  6 pm
Friday, Aug. 10at 8 pm
Saturday, Aug. 11 at 2 pm

For more  information, contact Tony Pallone, _tonypallone at gmail.com_
(mailto:tonypallone at gmail.com)  or (518)  225-1767.

NOTE: This is a non-Equity, community theatre production. I  know that some
of you I've invited are unable to audition for that reason...but  I hope
you will still spread the word!