[Capdist-auditions] The Troy Civic Theatre Company is seeking Directors for it’s Third Season!

Michael Ciaravella mciaravella at troycivic.org
Sat Dec 15 06:01:52 EST 2012

*The Troy Civic Theatre Company is seeking Directors for its Third Season!*

It’s that time of year again! The Troy Civic Theatre Company is currently
seeking submissions from directorial candidates for its third production
season. (October 2013 - September 2014) Having been named Metroland’s “Best
New Community Theater of 2012,” we are currently seeking new directors to
continue our streak of bringing successful, enjoyable, award-winning shows
to the Capital Region at our new venue in downtown Troy.

The TCT Show Submission Process:

Step 1: Please fill out the enclosed Interest Sheet and one of our Show
Submission forms for each show you choose to submit. Please be sure to note
if you have already secured a potential creative team or if your
interpretation of the show has any unique elements that would differ from
traditional performance. The more complete your submission, the greater
understanding we can have of your artistic vision for the piece!

Step 2: Submit the entire enclosed packet and an up-to-date theatrical
résumé to the Troy Civic Theatre Show Selection Committee, either by e-mail
(*shows at troycivic.org*) or postal mail, (*Troy Civic Theatre Company, Attn:
 Michael Ciaravella, Managing Artistic Director, PO Box 1553, Troy NY 12180)
* by Friday, February 1st, 2012. While we do accept potential show
submissions year-round, entries that are received after the February
1stdeadline will not be considered for our 2013-2014 season.

Step 3: We will select certain prospective directors to meet with our Show
Selection Committee to discuss their submissions at greater length.

Step 4: Following these meetings, the Committee will present their
recommendation to the TCT Board of Directors in March 2013.

Whether you are an experienced director, or you are just seeking a new
direction in your artistic career, please consider a show submission to
Troy Civic Theatre. We are actively seeking new members to help us expand
our dream to put on quality, affordable theatre in our community.

If you should have any questions about Troy Civic Theatre, your potential
submission, or the submission process, please do not hesitate to contact me
at MCiaravella at troycivic.org. Thank you for considering joining us for our
upcoming season, and we look forward to your entries.

Sincerely,
*Michael J. Ciaravella
**Managing Artistic Director,
Vice President, Board of Directors,*