[Capdist-auditions] AUDITIONS for KIDS, Tuesday at Steamer No. 10 Theatre - Fee Required

Steamer No. 10 Theatre webmaster at steamer10theatre.org
Mon Feb 13 18:31:11 EST 2012

Greetings from the Steamer No. 10 <http://207.56.204.165/>  Theatre!

Tuesday Night:

Ages 8-18 for Alice
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/KidsFarePages/AliceWonderland.htm>  in
Wonderland

Tuesday, February 14th, 5-7 pm at Steamer
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/Directions.htm>  No. 10 Theatre.

     We are looking for kids ages 8-18 to be in our upcoming production of
Alice <http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/KidsFarePages/AliceWonderland.htm>
in Wonderland, a play with music. This production is part of our Kids' Fare
Series <http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/KidsFare.htm>  and all children
who are cast will be performing alongside professional adult performers.

     Kids auditioning for this show should have some experience, although a
headshot and resume are not necessary. They will be asked to read from the
script and improvise, and they should be prepared to sing and move. Anyone
wishing to be considered for a singing solo should prepare 16 bars from a
Broadway Musical and bring sheet music in the appropriate key.

     There is a $50 production fee (due at the first rehearsal) for each
child cast to cover the additional expenses of having children in the show.
We do offer a tuition assistance program for qualifying families. Performers
will be required to provide their own tights and dance shoes, which can be
purchased at a discount through the program.

     Rehearsal dates and times will be determined in accordance with the
schedules of the kids who are cast, although rehearsals will begin
immediately. Performances are March 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25 (Saturdays and
Sundays) at 3 pm as well as Friday, March 16 at 7 pm.

Click <http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/KidsFarePages/AliceWonderland.htm>
here for more information.

Later this Month:

Ages 8-18 for the
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/CAST/TeenTalentContest.htm#Next Teen
Talent Contest>  Capital Region Teen Talent Contest, Spring 2012

Thursday, February 23rd, 5-7 pm

Thursday, March 1st, 5-7 pm

     Steamer No.10 Theatre is holding two days of open auditions for the
Capital <http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/CAST/TeenTalentContest.htm>
Region Teen Talent Contest that will take place on March 23 at 7pm. Both
auditions will be held at Steamer No.
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/Directions.htm>  10 Theatre.

     We are looking for performers ages 8-18 (no high school graduates) who
are looking for an opportunity to showcase their talents. Performers will be
divided into two age categories, Pre-teen (8-12) and Teen (13-18) and each
age category will be further divided into performance categories. Our panel
of judges will adjudicate the auditions, and select those performers who
will be participating in the Teen Talent Contest on March 23.

     There is no fee for auditioning, but there will be a $15 registration
fee for each act performing in the contest. There will be cash prizes for
the top three acts in each category. Click here for
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/CAST/TeenTalentContest.htm>  more
information, including the full rules.

Ages 14-18 for The 25
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/CAST/CASTSpellingBee.htm> th Annual
Putnam County Spelling Bee

Tuesday, February 28th, 5:30-8 pm at Steamer
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/Directions.htm>  No. 10 Theatre.

     We are looking for mature, experienced teens (ages 14-18) for our
upcoming  <http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/CAST/CAST.htm> C.A.S.T.
production of  <http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/CAST/CASTSpellingBee.htm>
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. Kids auditioning for this show
should have experience. Everyone auditioning should prepare 16 bars from a
Broadway Musical and bring sheet music in the appropriate key. Please bring
an 8 x 10 headshot and performance resume if you have them, although they
are not necessary. Rehearsals begin March 6th and performances will be held
June 1-3.

     There is a tuition fee of $300 for leads and $150 for supporting roles
and ensemble. We do offer a tuition assistance program for qualifying
families.

This production involves mature content and is meant for mature, experienced
teens.

Click here <http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/CAST/CASTSpellingBee.htm>  for
more information.

See you soon,

Steamer No. 10 Theatre

http://www.steamer10theatre.org <http://207.56.204.165/default.htm>

If you do not wish to receive updates from the Steamer No. 10 Theatre send
an e-mail with your name and the e-mail address at which you received this
message to mailto:webmaster at steamer10theatre.org?subject=Removal.