[Capdist-auditions] MopCo Auditions: Improv, ongoing work, some pay

Michael Burns michaelburns at mopco.org
Fri Jun 15 17:23:03 EDT 2012

The Mop & Bucket Co will hold auditions on Saturday, June 30 from 12:30-4 PM at their rehearsal space, third floor, Key Hall at Proctors Theatre in Schenectady. Auditions are by appointment only.

We are specifically looking for stage-ready younger improvisers (20-30) with experience in improv.

If you're not sure whether you have the pertinent experience: We are looking for people who have performed improv in front of an audience, who have seriously studied improv (not just acting) and who know what short form and long form improv work entails. Comfort with musical improvisation is a big plus. If you played theatre games once in a class, you probably aren't experienced enough to be cast, but we also sometimes take on talented apprentices and offer free training.

No monologue necessary. The audition will consist of playing games and exercises with company members and other auditioners. We are looking for people who understand the improv concept of "making your partner look good." This is a long term commitment; we rehearse a minimum of once a week, and perform regularly the year 'round. Pay depends on the gig, but don't quit your day job.

We offer a drop-in class on Saturday mornings from 10-12, with a tuition of $15. It might be a good way to check out our work before auditioning. We also suggest attending one of our Friday night shows Underground at Proctors prior to audition, so you can see what we do.

For an audition appointment, please email michaelburns at mopco.org. Kindly attach a recent photo and resume (doesn't have to be formal headshot, or formal resume; just give us an idea of what you've done, with whom.)

Thank you!

Michael Burns
michaelburns at mopco.org
(518)248-7430