[Capdist-auditions] "Begin the Beguine" - Seeking Local Actors

Allison Carter allisonrcarter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 14:27:28 EDT 2012

Hello,

My name is Allison Carter and I am Co-Producing a feature film up in Blue
Mountain Lake this summer currently entitled "Begin the Beguine".  We are
hoping to cast a lot of the speaking parts and featured extras in the area.
 We are a SAG production but can cast both SAG and non-SAG actors.

Our team is holding auditions/call backs in Indian Lake on Wednesday June
27 from 2PM-6PM.

Our writer/director is Ari Gold (a 4x Sundance Film Festival alum).
 Jessica Kelly (Precious, Young Adult) is our casting director.  Below
please find a short synopsis (also included in the attached casting
breakdown):

*
Set on a stunning lake in the Adirondack Mountains, BEGIN THE BEGUINE is a
dramatic adventure about love, class, and the ghosts that lurk behind all
families.

Two young friends, the insecure Ollie and the Russian drifter Nikolai,
break into Ollie's family estate, hoping to steal a valuable
phonograph record and meet local girls.Their plans are upended when the
matriarch of Ollie's dying clan shows up at the house; Charlotte is one of
the last true bluebloods, and her arrival changes the game. Charlotte is a
lover of the lake, and trying to protect it from being modernized, while
the boys are seeking quick pleasures.

Comedy and tragedy are built into the secrets these three characters keep
from each other. As old collides with young, the beauty of the lake stands
as the one thing people can count on.
*

If you're interested, please take a look at the casting breakdown and send
us a headshot/picture to guideboatproductions at gmail.com.

Thank you for your time!

Best,

Allison