[Capdist-auditions] Updated Youth Information - Hairspray & Joseph… (fee required)

Park Playhouse info at parkplayhouse.com
Wed Mar 14 14:26:40 EDT 2012

PLEASE NOTE ADJUSTED TIMES AND PARK PLAYHOUSE II PRODUCTION INFORMATION (HAIRSPRAY)

Park Playhouse is pleased to announce auditions for our two summer youth programs, Park Playhouse II and Park Playhouse Kids. Please see the info below, also posted on www.parkplayhouse.com. For additional questions, please call (518) 434-2035 or email info at parkplayhouse.com.

NOTE: Auditions for the two programs will be held in the same location at the same dates/times. Groups for each program will be brought in to audition separately throughout the open calls, and callbacks will be held immediately following each group.

Park Playhouse Kids: (9-12 Year Old Program) - JOSEPH & THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT

Park Playhouse II: (13-18 Year-Old Program)  - HAIRSPRAY

NOTE: This year’s Park Playhouse II production will play at night under the lights on Park Playhouse’s stage in Washington Park, with a fully realized, production-specific set and lighting plot, and professional actors collaborating with students. This continues Park Playhouse’s efforts to increase the focus on our youth programming and to feature our talented students.

Program Information
Park Playhouse II and Park Playhouse Kids are summer youth-theatre intensives designed to give young artists the tools they need to succeed in scholastic, collegiate and professional theatre. In addition to rehearsing a full-scale musical production and performing it on our Park stage, students gain valuable experience through workshops drawn from all areas of the theatre profession. Our students have gone on to successful careers in the theatre and many other fields, often citing their experience with Park Playhouse as a catalyst for that future success. NOTE: In an effort to provide even greater depth and variety of workshops, the rehearsal/workshop periods for these programs will be expanded by a week this summer.

Audition Information
Auditions will be held Saturday, March 17 and Sunday, March 18, 2012
Auditions will be held at The Campus Arts Center at The Academy of the Holy Names, 1069 New Scotland Ave. in Albany
Open calls will be held Saturday, March 17 from 10:00am to 6:00pm (sign-in closes at 5:00pm)
& Sunday, March 18 from 5:30pm to 8:30pm (sign-in closes at 8:00pm)
Callbacks will be held, as needed following each group of auditioners.
Please prepare and bring sheet music for 16 bars of any song from a Broadway musical.
Accompanist will be provided. Singing a cappella will not be allowed.
A short dance combination will be taught following each group of auditioners.
With questions, please call (518) 434-2035 or email info at parkplayhouse.com.

Additional Information
Tuition for either program is $800 per student. A $100 discount will be applied if full payment is made by July 1, 2012.
Tuition assistance is available by scholarship. Ability to pay is not considered during the audition/casting process.
Park Playhouse II runs from July 9 through August 19. Park Playhouse Kids runs from July 16 through August 19.
Students must be available for all rehearsal and performance dates. Schedules will be available at the audition.
Park Playhouse Kids will be directed by Tim Nelson. Park Playhouse II will be directed by Jonathan O'Leary.

Park Playhouse
P.O. Box 525
Albany, NY 12201
www.parkplayhouse.com