[Capdist-auditions] Auditions for You Know I Can't Hear You When the Water's Running

Richard Sagendorf richsagendorf at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 12:15:23 EDT 2012

Mostly Harmless is holding Auditions for it's 3rd show of its inaugural
season.

Robert Anderson's

You Know I Can't Hear You When the Water's Running

Auditions will be held Wednesday, September 19th at 7:30pm and Tuesday,
September 25th at 7:30pm at *The School at Northeast - 1821 Hamburg
St, Schenectady
NY 12304.*
You Know I Can't Hear You When the Water's Running is a collection of four
unrelated one-act comedy plays by Robert Anderson.

In The Shock of Recognition, playwright Jack Barnstable auditions Richard
Pawling for a role that requires nudity and discovers the overeager actor
is more than willing to show his stuff.
The Footsteps of Doves focuses on Harriet and George, a married couple
shopping for twin beds after many years of marriage. George, who is opposed
to the change, strikes up a conversation with Jill, a considerably younger
fellow shopper who shares his view.
In I'll Be Home for Christmas, Chuck and Edith realize how empty their
marriage has become as they await the arrival of their adult children.
I'm Herbert is a scattered conversation between Herbert and Muriel, an
elderly couple with memory problems who try in vain to recall their earlier
relationships.

Characters

The Shock of Recognition
*Jack Barnstable-popular playwright (late 20's/early 30's)
*Herb Miller- producer (30's)
*Dorothy- receptionist (20's)
*Richard Pawling- frumpy actor (30's)

The Footsteps of Doves