[Capdist-auditions] AUDITIONS - You Know I Can't Hear You When the Water's Running

Richard Sagendorf richsagendorf at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 10:53:40 EDT 2012

*We will be holding a second round of auditions as detailed below!*

Mostly Harmless is holding Auditions for it's 3rd show of its inaugural
season.

*Robert Anderson's*

*You Know I Can't Hear You When the Water's Running*

Auditions will be held *Monday, October 1st at 7:00pm* at *The School at
Northeast, 1821 Hamburg St, Schenectady, NY 12304*

PERFORMANCES will be November 8-10th and 15-17th.

You Know I Can't Hear You When the Water's Running is a collection of four
unrelated one-act comedy plays by Robert Anderson.

In *The Shock of Recognition*, playwright Jack Barnstable auditions Richard
Pawling for a role that requires nudity and discovers the overeager actor
is more than willing to show his stuff.

*The Footsteps of Doves* focuses on Harriet and George, a married couple
shopping for twin beds after many years of marriage. George, who is opposed
to the change, strikes up a conversation with Jill, a considerably younger
fellow shopper who shares his view.

In *I'll Be Home for Christmas*, Chuck and Edith realize how empty their
marriage has become as they await the arrival of their adult children.

*I'm Herbert* is a scattered conversation between Herbert and Muriel, an
elderly couple with memory problems who try in vain to recall their earlier
relationships.

Characters

The Shock of Recognition
*Jack Barnstable-popular playwright (late 20's/early 30's)
*Herb Miller- producer (30's)
*Dorothy- receptionist (20's)
*Richard Pawling- frumpy actor (30's)

The Footsteps of Doves
*Salesman (20's or 30's)
*Harriet- wife (40's)
*George- husband (40's)
*Jill- distracting customer (20's)

I'll Be Home for Christmas
*Chuck- husband (late 30's/early 40's)
*Edith- wife (late 30's/early 40's)
*Clarice- daughter (late teens)

I'm Herbert
*Herbert-husband (80's)
*Muriel- wife (80's)
If you have any questions, please contact Shera Dawn at
mostlyharmlesstheatre at gmail.com