[Capdist-auditions] Actors needed for Creative Short Film

Lydia Campis lydia.campis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 14:30:52 EST 2013

Hello,

I'm a student at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.  I'm currently producing
a creative short and I am in need of some actors.  It's the story of
an elderly woman who is about to meet her time; she reminisces on her days
of dancing (lindy hop) after seeing a black and white dance film and going
through old photos of her dancing in her prime.  When she passes, Death
comes for her for one final dance.

In particular I am looking for an actress for the role of Sofia,
the elderly woman.  I imagine Sofia to me a woman in her eighties with a
kind disposition.  Sofia does not need to know how to dance.

If you happen to have any young adult actors that can lindy hop, I am also
in need of a Young Sofia (late teens/preferably early twenties) and a Young
Man (portraying Death) (also late teens/preferably early twenties).

I would like to film near the end of the month or the first week of April;
I don't imagine filming would take much longer than a few days - I feel
most of the time will be taken filming the dancing scene as the one rest is
just Sofia in her apartment.  If I am able to secure a cast sooner, then
the filming schedule may change to film at an early date.  I do not have
that much money, but do hope to compensate my actors for their time and
talent.

I hope you take my script into consideration.  This will be a great
experience and could be used as demo reel for your own portfolio as well!

If you are interested, please contact me via email with a head shot and
please fill out this audition
form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/174MIb0yeejKzzaFf_zOKtxNiB0ZIcoKYwFdUTo0eqwI/viewform?sid=49c72306bb7ef139&token=utEFPD0BAAA.VGE9oCjKIZaK6D6MLXv_dg.7alKrMZh-HEWwGwr_1oA3w>
(hyperlinked).
 If you have trouble accessing the form please let me know.

Once I have gotten responses I will contact you with details for
auditioning.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you for your time,
Lydia Campis
--

Lydia Cordero - Campis