[Capdist-auditions] Auditions for "Tony 'n Tina's Wedding" with Family Players

Julie Phillips julescphillips at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 22:43:57 EDT 2013

*YOU’RE INVITED TO AN OPEN CALL FOR FAMILY PLAYERS’ “TONY ‘N’ TINA’S
WEDDING”*

The Family Players of NENY board is proud to announce that we’ll be
presenting “Tony ‘n’ Tina’s Wedding” in conjunction with the West Albany
Italian Benevolent Society this February 2014. It’s a fun show with some
scripted portions and plenty of opportunities for improv, too.

Please join us for Open Call auditions on Monday, Nov. 4 or Wednesday, Nov.
6 at the West Albany Italian Benevolent Society, 50 Exchange Street off
Everett Road in Albany. Please sign in at 6:30 and we’ll get started at 7
pm. We’ll work on group improv games and scenes at this time as we search
for the right combo of people to bring Tony and Tina’s wedding to life.

-    Cast members must be 18 or older
-    A synopsis and cast breakdown are listed below
-    December we will have a read through and a rehearsal or two
-    January to February will be the majority of the rehearsals – we’ll
meet 10-15 times
-    Performances will be Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 15-16, 2014

If you have any questions, please call DeLynn Wickham at 542-5163 or Julie
Phillips at 374-4012.

*
SYNOPSIS*
At Tony n' Tina's Wedding, audience members actually play the roles of Tony
Nunzio and Valentina Vitale’s family and/or friends. These are roles we
have all been practicing, every time we go to a real wedding. This
universal familiarity with the union of two individuals from two distinct
families, regardless of where you’re from, will take you back and forth
between fantasy and reality throughout the entire evening. The event begins
with the side-splitting ceremony in all its tacky and hilarious glory where
anything can happen (and usually does!). Then, it’s time for the most
hilarious wedding reception you’ll ever attend! You’ll join the wedding
party and their bickering families for a full Italian meal, raise a
champagne toast, eat the wedding cake and dance the night away at the party
you and your friends will be laughing about for years to come. The show
stars "Tina," the headstrong 20-something party girl bride with an attitude
– and "Tony," the rowdy, handsome, yet charming groom-to-be. Other
hilarious characters emerge from this quirky cast, which includes an entire
wedding party of guests ranging from "Connie," the pregnant maid of honor,
to "Father Mark," a priest who thinks he's hip. As the evening unfolds, the
only guarantee is that there will be plenty of drama all around.

*
CAST BREAKDOWN FOR “TONY 'N' TINA'S WEDDING”*
TONY - groom, mid 20's, handsome, rowdy, charming
TINA - bride, mid 20's, pretty, party girl, headstrong, tough
BARRY - best man, late 20's, everybody's pal, drug dealer
CONNIE - maid of honor, late 20's, pregnant, jaded
DOMINIC - usher, mid 20's, party animal with a heart of gold
DONNA - bridesmaid, mid 20's, cute white trash, good singer
JOHNNY - usher, 20, Tony's little brother, a cute flirt
MARINA - bridesmaid, mid 20's, insecure tag-along, the gang's doormat
JOSEPHINA - Tina's mom, 45, strong willed, overweight, a martyr
LUIGI - Tina's great uncle, late 70's, old world gentleman, speaks Italian
(can be played by a younger actor)
JOEY - Tina's brother, 30, gay, loves "show biz," not flamboyant.
SISTER ALBERT MARIA - Tina's cousin, mid 20's, family oddball
TONY NUNZIO SR. - Tony's dad, 50, charismatic in a sleazy way, sees himself
as a king
MADELINE MONROE - Tony Sr.'s girlfriend, 20's, stripper, good looking and
hard living
GRANDMA NUNZIO - Tony's grandma, 70's, spry, a little crazy (Grandma Nunzio
can be played by a younger actor as well)
MICHAEL JUST - late 20's, Tina's ex-boyfriend, just got out of rehab, a
burnout
FATHER MARK - priest, 30's, thinks he's hip and one of the gang
SAL ANTONUCCI - photographer, 40, pushy, eccentric, bored with his job
VINNEE BLACK - caterer, late 40's, amateur comedian, used car salesman type
LORETTA BLACK - Vinnee's wife, late 40's, brow beaten by Vinnee, a little
worn
DONNY DULCE - late 20's, sexy leader of the wedding band/karaoke DJ,
excellent pop singer
CELESTE ROMANO - keyboard player and vocalist for the wedding band; trampy
but attractive
RICK DeMARCO - 20's, hired to videotape wedding, Joey's boyfriend