[Capdist-auditions] ASSASSINS Auditions -- fee required

Kayla Toney kaytoney at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 7 13:59:20 EDT 2014

Pushing the Limits Productions is pleased to announce our summer production of "Assassins"!
 Directed by Kayla Toney, music directed by Jonathan Granger, choreographed by Zack Bissell, and stage managed by Jessica Adams.

Auditions will be held June 15, from 12-3 PM at the Saratoga Public Library in the Glasby Room.

 "Assassins" is a musical with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and book by John Weidman, based on an idea by Charles Gilbert, Jr. It uses the premise of a murderous carnival game to produce a revue-style portrayal of men and women who attempted (successfully or not) to assassinate Presidents of the United States. The music varies to reflect the popular music of the eras depicted.

 PTL will be performing the show with a twist - instead of the carnival setting, the assassins will gather under the pretense of an "AA" meeting for president-murderers!

 Performances will be at the Universal Preservation Hall in Saratoga, NY, from August 8-9, 2014.

 The roles are as follows:
 John Wilkes Booth - male baritone 25 – 37 supporting
 Charles Guiteau - male tenor 35 – 45 supporting
 Leon Czolgosz - male bass 28 – 36 supporting
 Giuseppe Zangara - male tenor 28 – 36 supporting
 Samuel Byck - male spoken 35 – 50 supporting
 John Hinckley - male baritone 18 – 25 supporting
 Lee Harvey Oswald - male spoken 20 – 35 supporting
 The Balladeer - male tenor 30 – 60 supporting
 Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme - female mezzo 18 – 35 supporting
 Sara Jane Moore - female soprano 25 – 45 supporting
 The Proprietor-  (undetermined) supporting
 David Herold - male spoken 20 – 30 supporting
 Emma Goldman - female spoken 35 – 65 cameo
 Gerald Ford - male spoken 40 – 65 cameo
 James Garfield - male spoken 40 – 60 cameo
 Billy - male spoken 7 – 14 cameo

 ****IMPORTANT AUDITION INFO****
 For auditions please come prepared with your own audition piece, from any musical theatre selection AS WELL AS one of the following listed songs based on your range/comfort/gender:
 MEN-
 "People Like Us" from LaChiusa's "Wild Party"
 "I'm Alive" from "Next to normal"
 "I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face" from "My Fair lady"

 WOMEN-
 "People Like Us" from LaChiusa's "Wild Party"
 "The Girl in 14 G"

 Sheet music for these songs is posted on the event page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/1495918350637359/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular
Or we can email them to you at your request.

 PLEASE BE ADVISED THERE WILL BE A $10 AUDITION FEE AND A $50 SCRIPT DEPOSIT WHEN YOU RECIEVE THE SCRIPTS.

 Rehearsals will be one to two nights a week in the Saratoga and Glens Falls areas.

 For any questions or if you cannot make auditions please contact us ASAP on Facebook, email PTLProductions at live.com , or call 518-796-0806.