[Capdist-auditions] Casting a Short No Budget Slasher Film

Ryan Macri orikapictures at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 18:31:20 EDT 2014

We are looking for local talent to participate in a low budget (no budget?)
slasher film!  These roles are physical and may require some basic "stunts"
but there is NO nudity.

This is a tense, sharply written, thriller, with naturalistic humor that is
meant to gain rapport with the audience and add pathos.  An intricate
script designed to heighten the level of concern and fear the audience will
feel for our two leads.  All developed to create for our audience, a
classic date night drive-in movie going experience.

We are working from a 15 page script and we’re hoping to shoot the entire
thing over the course of a few days. We understand that summer can be
hectic, so we will be as flexible and respectful of everyone’s schedule as
possible.

The Project Lead:

Ryan Macri - is a thirty seven year old writer/director who started his
small film company "Orika Pictures", in California two years ago to create
fun and engaging entertainment.

Please click on the link to view his work-
http://theworldsofadventure.blogspot.com/

What To Expect -

This is a copy and credit project, we will provide craft services on set
and see to any amenities needed by the cast and crew. We run a respectful,
friendly and comfortable set where ideas, laughter, and creativity are
encouraged. Our goal is to make everyone on set comfortable so they can
focus on being as creative as possible.

The Parts To Be Cast-

Angela: Female | Caucasian | Age: 20 - 25 | Role Type: Lead

18 year old "Alpha" female, she is the lead cheerleader with an edge to
her, she can be high strung and bitchy but she knows how to let loss and
party.

Monique: Female | African American | Age: 20 - 25 | Role Type:  Lead

18 year old loner, she is a smart strong character whose quiet demeanor
makes her appear mistrusting and angry.

Stacy: Female | Any Ethnicity | Age: 20 - 25 | Role Type: Supporting

18 year old fun best friend type, she is a burger joint employee who's
super fun, very witty with a hip too cool for school attitude.

Taylor: Male | Any Ethnicity | Age: 20 - 25 | Role Type: Supporting

18 year old, handsome cool, smooth and charismatic, he is high school
Boyfriend Material in so much as superficially he's everything a girl could
ask for.

The Slasher: Male | Any Ethnicity | Age: 30 - 45 | Role Type: Villain

He is a faceless nameless horror in the woods. He enjoys close quarters
kills, long walks in the park, sunsets and murdering teens.

If you are interested please e-mail your Head shots and resume to
orikapictures at gmail.com and Ryan will get back to you to schedule your
audition dates & times, the address where the audition will be held, and
his personal contact information.

We are going to audition the characters of Angelia, Monique, and Stacy
together in order to gauge your onscreen chemistry due to the ensemble
nature of the film.

The Sides –

Note: The Male Sides will be provided via e-mail once you contact Ryan.

Please come prepared to the audition with a copy of your sides and
performance ideas. We will be recording your auditions a copy of which can
be e-mailed  to either you or your agent for portfolio purposes.

EXT:  BURGER STAND - DAY

Angela is cleaning up behind the counter while Stacy, who is sitting on the
outside counter smiles and takes another gulp of soda. A car pulls in and
Monique Richardson exits it and rushes over to the counter.

MONIQUE

Hey, Angela; right? I’m Monique I was at the party last night.

Angela looks bemused to Stacy who rolls her judgmental eyes.

ANGELA

Ok, so? What, do you want a free a soda or something?

STACY

You can have this one, I’m done with it.

Stacy holds out the soda and Monique pushes past her to the counter.

STACY

Oh wow, super sorry it’s not grape soda!

MONIQUE

Look, I haven’t heard from anyone since I got back.

ANGELA

Oh my God! They didn’t call you!

Angela laughs and goes ahead with her cleaning, while Stacy smugly puts her
arm on Monique’s shoulder.

STACY

Maybe they’ve been trying but got your number wrong...

ANGELA

I bet she’s right. Is this your number? 1 800- nobody fucking knows you.
Cause that’s what I have in my phone.

Ignoring both of them Monique grabs Angela’s arm.

MONIQUE

I called their houses! Their parents said they never came home.

--
Sincerely Yours,

Ryan F. Macri
CEO ORIKA PICTURES