[Capdist-auditions] Date change and updated info! Helderberg Theater Festival auditions for "A Midsummer Night's Dream, " directed by Tony Pallone

Tony Pallone tonypallone at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 15:36:18 EDT 2014

*This is a revision to a previous announcement. Audition dates have been
moved to Sunday and Monday, April 6-7, 2014, and there are now TWO
LOCATIONS for auditions. Dates of production, formerly TBD, are now also
included.*
Classic Theater Guild announces auditions for its outdoor summer
Shakespeare show, part of the Helderberg Theater Festival held at Indian
Ladder Farms in Altamont and the GE Theatre at Proctors in Schenectady.
This year, we'll be letting the fairies run wild as we put our unique spin
onto that most fantastical of Shakespeare's comedies, "A Midsummer Night's
Dream."

Auditions will be held in TWO LOCATIONS, both starting with signups at 6:30
p.m. and running from 7:00-9:00 p.m. On Sunday, April 6, we'll be at
Classic Theater Guild's home base, 137 State Street, Schenectady. On
Monday, April 7, we'll be at our main rehearsal space, the First Reformed
Church, 8 North Church St., Schenectady.

Please prepare a one- to two-minute comic Shakespearean monologue; we will
also be reading from sides available at the audition. The full text of the
play can be found at http://shakespeare.mit.edu/midsummer/

All roles are available, and we plan to cast a diverse group of actors with
a wide age range. Rehearsals will begin in early May. Performances for
"Midsummer" will be held at the evenings of July 18-20 plus July 24-27;
there is also an additional gala performance at Proctors on Saturday, Aug.
2.

For more information, contact director Tony Pallone, tonypallone at gmail.com.

Also seeking technical/crew volunteers; please contact director Tony
Pallone, tonypallone at gmail.com, stating your area of interest.