[Capdist-auditions] Call for Producer, AYW DX Summer Theatre Event

Matthew Scorza mjscorza at gmail.com
Fri May 9 13:36:14 EDT 2014

Dear Thespians,

On behalf of the officers of the Delta Xi, I would like to announce the
opening of the call for *Producer* of the next Alpha Psi Omega sponsored
event, entitled Extended First Experience. EFE is a series of workshops,
projects, and classes that will take place over two weekends (August 22nd,
23rd, 29th and 30th). The idea of this endeavour is to provide a low
stress, welcoming environment that allows both new and existing students
and community members to further explore the playhouse and RPI theatre
community, while expanding their skills and providing opportunities to
learn more about creating quality theatre. The experience will culminate in
a public display of sets, costumes, props, and performance, to further
promote interest in the RPI players. A more detailed overview of this event
can be found attached to this email.

The producer of this event will be responsible for selecting, organizing,
and guiding a production team, as well as managing the budget and schedule.
A producer will also be a primary contact for members of the surrounding
community who wish to be involved, either by leading or attending workshops
and classes.  Due to the departure from tradition, and the relative
flexibility in scheduling involved in this event, I am willing to work
closely with anyone interested in producing to ensure a comfortable
environment for all parties involved.

If you are interested in putting in, please email officers at dx.ayw.org, with
any past experience that would make you a good candidate. If have any
questions or concerns, are interested but unsure about the contents of the
event, or just curious what being involved in the event would be like,
please don't hesitate to contact me or any of the officer of Delta Xi.

The call for producer will close June 1st at midnight.

Thank you,

Matthew Scorza
AYW DX Cast Director 2014-2015