[Capdist-auditions] Now Hiring for Polar Express Train - Saratoga Springs

Rmzthartman at aol.com Rmzthartman at aol.com
Wed Oct 8 20:58:48 EDT 2014

Hello Everyone,

Upon receipt of this  email, could you please respond back so that I am
assured you have received it  to post.

Thank you for agreeing to  receive and disseminate information from me
regarding the Polar Express train  that runs out of the Saratoga Springs train
station (please see attached  flyer/info).  If you did not get and/or cannot
open the attachment,  please let me know and I will re-send.

There is no experience  necessary to apply to work at this event, however,
applicants  must be enthusiastic and energetic!  The train ride  mimics the
story depicted in the Polar Express book/movie.  Below is  some info that
might be helpful:

*Applicants must be at least 16  years of age.
*Salary depends on the job you  are hired to do.
*This is seasonal, part-time  employment.
*Train runs Friday, November 14  thru Sunday, December 28, 2014. Set-up,
orientation, & training for employees will begin prior to  that.
*Train runs Tuesdays thru  Sundays; closed Mondays.
*There are 2 runs a night. A  5:30 pm run and a 7:30 pm run.
*A run (from the Saratoga  station to the North Pole, & back to Saratoga)
is 1 hour  long.
*Employees do not need to be  available the entire time/duration of the
event, however, the  greater the availability the better!
*Jobs are available  both on & off the train.
*Employees time of arrival will  depend on which job you are hired to do.
Characters/actors  & on-board staff may need to arrive 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm,
while other  positions may need to arrive early/mid afternoon. Most jobs
conclude around 9:00  pm.
*Applications are  accepted at the Saratoga Springs train station, located
at 26 Station Lane,  Saratoga Springs, NY. If you are interested, but cannot
make it to one of  the scheduled Casting Call/Job Fair dates, please note
that the Ticket  Window right at the train station is open Thursdays thru
Mondays (closed  Tuesdays & Wednesdays) from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. There will be
applications available there to pick up/fill out.
*Potential employees will  need to bring: Social Security card and Driver's
License (or  Student ID) or Passport. You will also need  working papers
(if applicable), & bank account info for direct deposit.
*There is a background  check and drug test.

Please feel free to forward  this email to any interested parties and/or
send special notification  to drama department/acting clubs/theater groups.
Also, if  possible, please consider posting the info in high traffic
areas/student centers/lounges/community bulletin boards.

Any concerns and/or questions,  please feel free to contact me.  My info is
as  follows:
Melanie  Hartman
(email) _rmzthartman at aol.com_ (mailto:rmzthartman at aol.com)
(cell)  518-848-1604

Or you may contact the Polar  Express Event Coordinator:
Mark Salis
(email) _salism at iowapacific.com_ (mailto:salism at iowapacific.com)
(cell)  518-683-4628

Thank  you!!