[Capdist-auditions] Camera Blocking Workshop - fee required

John Holser john at digitalfilmfarm.com
Thu Jan 15 18:28:27 EST 2015

Actors & Directors - If you've never learned nuts and bolts of on-camera film & video work here's your chance.

Who needs this workshop?

Let me put it this way - We don't know what we don't know.
Really, if you've never taken a workshop like this it's hard to appreciate how much you'll learn. Little insights can make a big difference.

We're teaching proven techniques that work.

Actors - Learn the secret to getting the call back. Hint, it's not what you think.

Directors - Find out how the simple words "as if" will help you direct scenes with real sub-text.

Acting coach Lora Lee Ecobelli and director John Holser have teamed up for this exciting one day class on film acting at The Albany Barn, February 7, 2015 from 9am-6pm. The Albany Barn is located at 46-48 North Swan Street, Albany, NY 12210

The cost of this one day intensive is $150 if registered before Jan 24 or $175 after that date. Limited to 20 students.
email john at digitalfilmfarm.com to register.

Actors - Learn to transform both good and bad direction into”truthful” character adjustments.

Directors - Learn to give clear and concise, intention based direction.

Here’s how our day will look.

The first part of the day will consist of:

Method based character development
Acting exercises for focus and energy
Theatrical & film acting differences
Audition skills
Working from objectives
Students will be given prepared scenes and monologues for on-camera performances in the afternoon.

The second part of the day will consist of learning:

The fundamentals of camera blocking
What actors need to know about lenses and composition
How to make adjustments while working with the different directing styles
The questions every actor should ask before shooting a scene
Tips on negotiating with small and large productions
Production departments, command chain and protocol
See more info and bios here

http://digitalfilmfarmworkshops.com/film-acting-master-class-albany-barn-february-7-2015/

John Holser
Director / Director of Photography