[Capdist-auditions] Reminder: CONFETTI FEST 11 Call for Short Play Submissions Due 2/15/15

Confetti Stage confettistageinc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 10:39:55 EST 2015

*One more month to submit!CONFETTI FEST 11*

*CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS*

Confetti Fest is an original short play festival that seeks to develop and
highlight local playwriting talents.  We are seeking plays written by
Capital Region Playwrights to be considered for participation in our 11th
annual short play festival, Confetti Fest 11 in October 2015.  Our short
play festival was the first in the Capital District to feature all original
works by local playwrights.  Previous works from our festivals have been
chosen to perform at the TANYS and ESTA Festivals, including our 2010
production of “Holy Night” by Diane M. Doring, our 2011 production of “Safe
Words” by Nathaniel Beynon, our 2013 production of "Mirror Bowl" by Sunny
da Silva, and our 2014 production of "Luc" by Julie Demers.

*ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED OR POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 15,
2015.*

*SUBMISSIONS MUST BE:*

   - No longer than 30 pages of script AND running time cannot exceed 30
   minutes.
   - In 12-pt, Times New Roman font
   - Applicable to our mission statement (see below)
   - An original work (works that have NOT been previously produced are
   encouraged)

*Please include, on a separate COVER PAGE, in your submission:*

   - Playwright's contact information, including email address, local
   address, and phone number (please do not put your name in body of the
   script)
   - A brief synopsis of your play (100 words max.)
   - Estimated running time
   - Character breakdown, including any casting preferences
   - Set and scene descriptions
   - Tech requirements (include lighting, sound, costume, prop/scenery
   requirements)
   - Any previous workshop or production history

*Participants of Confetti Fest can expect:*

   - A collaborative process
   - A fully-staged production of your script
   - Full credit in all programs and promotional materials for the festival
   - Possible adjudication by the Theatre Association of New York State
   (possible TANYS & ESTA Festivals consideration)

*Selection and Script Development Process:*

   - Scripts are chosen through a blind selection process by a committee of
   readers.
   - This year, we are establishing a script development period prior to
   the start of rehearsals that will give playwrights and directors the
   opportunity to collaboratively discuss and develop their plays.  We hope
   that this process will be in the interest of developing playwrights' skills
   and provide them with the opportunity to be involved in peer mentorship.
   - Playwrights whose works are chosen should expect to participate in
   this development process.

Submissions can be submitted electronically to *confettistageinc at gmail.com
<confettistageinc at gmail.com>* or mailed to:

Confetti Stage, Inc.

Confetti Fest 11
67 Corning Place
Albany, NY 12207

Confetti Stage Mission Statement
Our mission is to celebrate the diversities of human experience through
thought-provoking, challenging productions.  We foster creative expression
in a collaborative, inclusive environment that engages the Capital Region
community.

Please contact us at confettistageinc at gmail.com with any questions.  We
look forward to receiving your submissions!

--
Confetti Stage, Inc
www.confettistage.org